Launch Member

Contributor I

Orange, CA, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Saeger
Member #

The dogs, girlfriend and I are looking to go camping this weekend. Preferably next to some water. We were thinking about hitting a spot that we’ve been to 100 times, but if anyone wants to go camping and needs a buddy to go we’re in.

Arepas

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

USA
Member #

LOL, thanks for the invitation @rsweet but we the wife and I are looking for short trips (about 3 hours), from the bay area, yours sounds like it is a bit more than that. FWIW I am eyeing this BLM land patch that I have not been before for a weekend trip Williams Hill Recreation Area

Yota

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Otazu
Where did you end up going? My wife and I are looking to get out this weekend but don't know where to go during all of these closures. Thinking about some BLM land like Alabama Hills but even that seems to be closed from what I'm reading.

Reactions: Ryan M

Deriggs007

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Suisun City, CA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Riggs
LOL, thanks for the invitation @rsweet but we the wife and I are looking for short trips (about 3 hours), from the bay area, yours sounds like it is a bit more than that. FWIW I am eyeing this BLM land patch that I have not been before for a weekend trip Williams Hill Recreation Area
I’m in Solano county, so not that far away from you. I’m also new to California and out west, if you have some recommendations on weekend trips, I’m all ears.

I did a trip up to Mendocino in February and it was awesome, but the drive took out some of the fun for a one night camp site. I looked at your link and looks like fun, but I personally like secluded/forestry type camping spots the best.

I had my hill/open camping tasted filled when I was in Texas. You know, a tree here and a tree wayyy over there lol.

Arepas

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

USA
Member #

I’m in Solano county, so not that far away from you. I’m also new to California and out west, if you have some recommendations on weekend trips, I’m all ears.

I did a trip up to Mendocino in February and it was awesome, but the drive took out some of the fun for a one night camp site. I looked at your link and looks like fun, but I personally like secluded/forestry type camping spots the best.

I had my hill/open camping tasted filled when I was in Texas. You know, a tree here and a tree wayyy over there lol.
The problem we have right now is that most forest roads are closed, all stateparks are closed, all nat. parks are closed ... it is all BLM. Have you been to carrizo plains? it is like a 4 hours drive for me. there are 2 stablished campgrounds there, if both are closed try this spot... I have not been there but I had located it via google maps as a plan B in case campgrounds were full.

Not exactly a forest but if you manage to catch with with the super bloom going it will be something different.

Deriggs007

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Suisun City, CA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Riggs
I have not been anywhere other than Mendocino. I’m going to do a trip out near Lake Tahoe this weekend. I don’t suspect it being closed around there as someone was there last week

Costco_rnr

Rank II

Contributor III

Stockton, CA, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Alvarez
Member #

I have not been anywhere other than Mendocino. I’m going to do a trip out near Lake Tahoe this weekend. I don’t suspect it being closed around there as someone was there last week
did you find a place to camp? im planning something this week

Yota

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Otazu
Alabama Hills is officially "closed" but lots of people are camping in there. We drove right by a BLM ranger posted up in his truck right behind the entrance of the park and he didn't do anything. They're not enforcing Newsom's mandates. Go have some fun!

Contributor III

Camarillo, CA, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Rebensdorf
The dogs, girlfriend and I are looking to go camping this weekend. Preferably next to some water. We were thinking about hitting a spot that we’ve been to 100 times, but if anyone wants to go camping and needs a buddy to go we’re in.
I too would love to hear about “said spot” been trying to get out for a while. Seems like stuff will be opening up shortly though.