UK
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Jennison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Loulouoverland
Hi, we're in a tight spot at the moment, the uj on our steering rack is worn and although not badly I'm reluctant to drive much further pulling our trailer.
It's a landrover defender td5 2004/5
Currently in Potsdam nr Berlin.
Any recommendations for a local garage who could do the work?

MunsterGeo Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Mid West Ireland
First Name
John
Last Name
C
Member #

I don't have any recommendations unfortunately but can empthaise with your situation and no replies so for to your request for help.

I've dug up this company in Germany unfortunately they are literally the other end of Germany however they undertake conversions and supply spares. Land Rover Defender Spares, Accessories and Workshop in Germany

Perhaps an email to them might elicit a response that may point you in the direction of someone local to you who can be trusted. After all, the LR community in general should be able to have some ideas for you.

mail@4ward4x4.com

Or maybe an email or phopne call to Britpart to see if they can recomment someone in your area?

Came up with the LR garage too BritCars Dinnebier GmbH | Land Rover

Last edited:
Reactions: WouterP

Peejay7

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

UK
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Jennison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Loulouoverland
I don't have any recommendations unfortunately but can empthaise with your situation and no replies so for to your request for help.

I've dug up this company in Germany unfortunately they are literally the other end of Germany however they undertake conversions and supply spares. Land Rover Defender Spares, Accessories and Workshop in Germany

Perhaps an email to them might elicit a response that may point you in the direction of someone local to you who can be trusted. After all, the LR community in general should be able to have some ideas for you.

mail@4ward4x4.com

Or maybe an email or phopne call to Britpart to see if they can recomment someone in your area?

Thanks, I was at Britcars today, they found the problem but cannot fix it for 3 weeks.
I have been in touch with members of Landrover club Deutsch and I am hopeful that they can help as someone nearby is breaking a landrover and the shaft should fit mine.
I'll update soon

MunsterGeo Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Mid West Ireland
First Name
John
Last Name
C
Member #

I hope you find something very soon.

Is it a part that is delaying things for 3 weeks or is it scheduling at the garage? Can you get one shipped from the UK quicker from Britpart or an enthusiast quicker than the garage can obtain if its a supply issue?

Reactions: Peejay7

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Hi, we're in a tight spot at the moment, the uj on our steering rack is worn and although not badly I'm reluctant to drive much further pulling our trailer.
It's a landrover defender td5 2004/5
Currently in Potsdam nr Berlin.
Any recommendations for a local garage who could do the work?
Hello Peejay, i am so sorry to find your message now :/ i guess our mid europe members enjoyed their weekend and stayed away from computer : right now i will try to call some members in Germany and redirect them to your thread.

Peejay7

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

UK
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Jennison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Loulouoverland

mail@4ward4x4.com

Hi, thanks for your reply and sorry I didn't respond earlier.
I got the car fixed within a few days, I called out to Deutscher landrover club and their ex president lives nearby, he got the parts and we fitted them at his workshop, I was blown away by their community and how quickly they responded.
We're back on the road heading slowly west now.
Thanks again