Launch Member

Member I

Redding, CA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Hello from NorCal, I am planning a trip through the Mendocino National Forest at the end of February and need some help finding routes. This is a 3 day trip and we would like to make our way from the north end of the forest and end in the southern section but I am open to recommendations. Can anyone familiar with the area recommend some routes for us to take? This would be with 2 capable 4x4 built rigs so hard trails are okay.

Arepas

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

USA
Member #

I have not been there, might head there during summer. Just as an FYI I checked the weather now and it seems really cold and rainy these days. Have you slept in these conditions before?

Reactions: BadWolfOffroad

BadWolfOffroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Redding, CA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Brown
Member #

I have not been there, might head there during summer. Just as an FYI I checked the weather now and it seems really cold and rainy these days. Have you slept in these conditions before?
We actually just stayed there for a night this last weekend but it was a short 2 day trip so we didn’t get to see much of the forest. We both grew up snow camping and it ended up being a beautiful weekend. My CVT rooftop tent is a champ in cold/ wet weather especially with a buddy heater inside.