Rank III

Enthusiast II

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Hey everyone! I live in the east texas Tyler area and... yea it's the worst place to really live if you wanna be a weekend warrior. I'd love to just take trips 2-3 hours from where I live about once a month but I cant think of very many places! I love broken bow Oklahoma but I've worn it out a bit. there's no BLM land here and I do plan on going to padre island in 2022 but that'll take some more prep. Any places or ideas? thanks!

Reactions: Offroadnutz

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

Have you tried the TPWD park app? The state parks aren’t undeveloped federal lands in Utah but they make good weekend trips to test out gear.
Diversify your interests instead of focusing solely on the off road wheeling side.
Throw in a mountain bike, kayak or fishing pole and most parks have things to do for a few days. You could spend months on the road making a trip oriented towards stopping at the roadside historical markers to get a better understanding of Texas history.

BTW, I’ve seen monster jeeps with RTTs on multiple occasions set up just off the pavement for their Instagram pics. Don’t be like those people.

NorCalRam

Rank VI

Influencer I

Los Angeles, California, United States
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Barlage
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MEU
Service Branch
Army
Onx off road has some trails I never would have found. There are a couple off road parks west of Austin but I am sure that's a crazy drive coming from Tyler. Hidden Falls Adventure Park and https://getoffcamber.com/
I am a member at off camber, for $1000 a year I get access to all the classes and camping. They have all sorts of events, usually free and the owner Jason is always available.

Reactions: Kozysnack

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

Hey everyone! I live in the east texas Tyler area and... yea it's the worst place to really live if you wanna be a weekend warrior. I'd love to just take trips 2-3 hours from where I live about once a month but I cant think of very many places! I love broken bow Oklahoma but I've worn it out a bit. there's no BLM land here and I do plan on going to padre island in 2022 but that'll take some more prep. Any places or ideas? thanks!
Have you considered heading north from the broken bow area and exploring the Ouachita forest? Lots of cool places to see there...