Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
I'm surprised that the GoodYear KO2/KM3s haven't been mentioned....or the Nitto Terra Grappler...All are excellent tires and are right around that same price point.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

I’m looking for 33’s. 285 70/17
That's what size comes on a Power Wagon, Duratracs specifically.

Get on a Power Wagon forum and watch for take offs. I'm about to have 5 of them, but I'm a long way away. Also what comes on a Gladiator and I see them (Falken) for sale as take offs cheap.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Had a set of those...worked well in the wet stuff
I really want a set of Grabbers either the ATX or X3s but they don't make the size I'm looking for. I'll likely go to the Cooper STT Pros. If I could I'd also buy my Falken Wildpeak M/Ts again but alas they don't make them in a 295/70R17. Thankfully I still have about 25k miles to go on my current set so I have some time to really make a decision :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: MazeVX

Excaleburr

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Mount Vernon Illinois
First Name
Caleb
Last Name
Burrichter
Member #

Had a set of those...worked well in the wet stuff
I really want a set of Grabbers either the ATX or X3s but they don't make the size I'm looking for. I'll likely go to the Cooper STT Pros. If I could I'd also buy my Falken Wildpeak M/Ts again but alas they don't make them in a 295/70R17. Thankfully I still have about 25k miles to go on my current set so I have some time to really make a decision :tearsofjoy:
If we start making them in the size that you want before you buy a different set, I advise getting the X3’s if money isn’t an issue. It’s likely that you’ll find an E rated ATX and a C rated X3 and in that situation, they should roughly be the same weight. The X3 is more capable even though the rumble is louder.

Excaleburr

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Mount Vernon Illinois
First Name
Caleb
Last Name
Burrichter
Member #

I’ve ran the general grabber atx for many seasons. Snow, ice, mud and of course the forest service roads. Great price and durability.
Everyone I’ve recommended the ATX to has been happy with them. I personally used to build those tires so it makes me happy that the majority like them.

Reactions: MazeVX

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
If we start making them in the size that you want before you buy a different set, I advise getting the X3’s if money isn’t an issue. It’s likely that you’ll find an E rated ATX and a C rated X3 and in that situation, they should roughly be the same weight. The X3 is more capable even though the rumble is louder.
Yeah I figured the X3s are the more capable. It will come down to how much I plan on getting out. Right now I'm still leaning towards an all-terrain again because I am driving more miles on the pavement as of late.. But hey.. maybe I'll get both and just swap as needed for trips :grin: