Jeephunter

Rank 0

Contributor I

Windsor, CO, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Brown
Currently own a 1997 jeep wrangler it's my memory bucket. Its got all the goodies I wanted in the jeep I put a lot of work and money into it and I dont want to see it die. I got t boned in the front ds. I was told by the insurance company estmater that it was deemed fixable. Then when it got taken in yesterday they told me it need a whole new frame and will most likely be totalled anybody else get in a reck in their rig? Would love to hear what any one has to say I need help! The grand is the ladie's car who ran the stopsign into me.Snapchat-710366432.jpeg20190502_125844.jpeg

Kman220

Rank 0

Contributor I

CNY
Depending on the insurance and the State you live in, you might be able to “buy” the jeep back. You would get the the insurance claim money and may be given the opportunity to buy it back from the insurance company for next to nothing. Talk to your agent about this.

The process is far from quick however, not something that will happen overnight.

You could take whatever parts you can salvage from your Jeep and buy donor Jeep for the frame (really you Jeep would be the donor vehicle). You definitely have a lot ahead of you and I wish you luck with it. It may be demoralizing, but there is always a way to overcome the damage if you have the passion for it

Bigt8ter

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Holden Beach, N.C.
First Name
ROB
Last Name
JUSTICE
AS A BODYMAN/BODYSHOP MANAGER FROM WHAT I SEE IT DOESN'T LOOK THAT BAD. LOOKING AT THE HOOD,GRILL IT LOOKS LIKE IT HAS APPROPRIATE GAPS. NO BUCKLES AROUND DOOR FRAME( WHICH WOULD BE COMMON IF FRAME WAS BUCKLED). IF IT WAS ME AND IT DID TOTAL, BUY IT BACK FROM THE INSURANCE COMPANY AND TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE AND HAVE THE FRAME MEASURED AND ALIGNED. ITS REPAIRABLE FROM WHAT I SEE!!!

Reactions: Kman220