NE Georgia Traverse Sections Trip Report

• HTML tutorial

WillRunner

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loganville, GA
Member #

Yes, Chimney Mountain Road will be the challenge... Here's a video from several months ago to give you an idea (the 4Runner and Exterra are stock in this video), however, with recent rainstorms the ruts are significantly deeper.

Vman1313 Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maysville, GA, USA
First Name
Vman1313
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

Great Video showing what its really like! Not hard but not easy and definitely not for the faint of heart BUT I love how people will willynilly say a Prius can drive thru there. I wanna see one one day!

Reactions: WillRunner

Joshua10

Rank 0

Traveler I

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the info. I'm still planing out the trip but plan so far is to head out from New Orleans next Thursday and head back home on Sunday morning. Going to try to pick a halfway point and go from there. Any suggested starting points? All are welcome to join in with us.

WillRunner

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loganville, GA
Member #

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the info. I'm still planing out the trip but plan so far is to head out from New Orleans next Thursday and head back home on Sunday morning. Going to try to pick a halfway point and go from there. Any suggested starting points? All are welcome to join in with us.
I'm not sure where a good halfway point would be for you... I still have yet to complete the Traverse.

Joshua10

Rank 0

Traveler I

Id say around Suches headed towards SC as those are the "best" roads anyway! Or got start in SC and work your way back as far as you can.

That sounds like a great idea, it is about 9 hours away from New Orleans, which is 1 hour longer than a halfway point I picked out. I'm really looking forward to this trip. How is the fuel situation? I'm planning on bringing a small tank just in case but are gas stations plentiful? Sorry I'm asking so much, I'm offshore right now with really slow internet, the map barely loads for me out here.