Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

May 25th

This month's meet-up is at Uwharrie National Forest. This is NOT an offroad exclusive meeting! There is plenty to do for all skill levels, interest, and group dynamic.

Meeting Itinerary: (Rough Outline)
10AM Meet at El Dorado Outpost
- Catch up with each other and welcome newcomers.
- Grab breakfast-There is food and trail passes available at the outpost.
- Buy Trail Passes- If you are not going on OHV trails you do not need a pass.
11ish AM Head into Uwharrie
- We will split up based on activity and offroaders will split up based on skill level and rig capability (more trail info farther down)
Activities Available: (offroading, hiking, mountain biking, fishing, kayaking (rentals available), outdoor gun range)

3ish PM Lunch Meet-Up
- We can reconvene and have a cookout. There are a couple goods spots and we can meet as a group and hangout

After that we will play it by ear.

WEATHER INFO: This is not necessarily weather dependent. Some of us knuckleheads will gladly hit the trails in the rain. We will have to make a call the day of so keep an eye on the forum thread.

OHV Trail Info: Trails vary greatly and all vehicle types can have a good time at Uwharrie. We can talk more specifics the morning of and maps are available for free at the Outpost. I have been wheeling at Uwharrie for almost a decade so I have a pretty good idea what rigs can go where.
UNLESS YOU HAVE SLIDERS AND GOOD GROUND CLEARANCE AVOID THE 3 D's (DICKEY BELL, DUTCH JOHN, & DANIEL TRAIL)... you've been warned

El Dorado Outpost Info:
"The Outpost" is the meeting hub for all offroaders in Uwharrie. There is a country kitchen inside with decent seating. They have gasoline, free air for tires, trail passes, maps, pretty much anything you would find in a gas station, camp supplies, bait and tackle, ENO's for sale, and even gold mining equipment for sale)

THEY ALSO HAVE OVERLAND CRACK (stickers and patches)

If you have any more questions about the other activities available feel free to ask someone in the thread, or check out Google.

THIS IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY MEETING, BUT WATCH YOUR OWN KIDS... last thing we want is someone getting hurt.

DOGS WELCOME BUT KEEP THEM REASONABLY UNDER CONTROL AND LEAVE PSYCHO DOGS AT HOME.

As always we will abide by TREAD LIGHTLY principles!

View Rally Point
Last edited:

Seth Vernon

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wilmington, NC, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Vernon
Member #

This month's meet-up is at Uwharrie National Forest. This is NOT an offroad exclusive meeting! There is plenty to do for all skill levels, interest, and group dynamic.

Meeting Itinerary: (Rough Outline)
10AM Meet at El Dorado Outpost
- Catch up with each other and welcome newcomers.
- Grab breakfast-There is food and trail passes available at the outpost.
- Buy Trail Passes- If you are not going on OHV trails you do not need a pass.
11ish AM Head into Uwharrie
- We will split up based on activity and offroaders will split up based on skill level and rig capability (more trail info farther down)
Activities Available: (offroading, hiking, mountain biking, fishing, kayaking (rentals available), outdoor gun range)

3ish PM Lunch Meet-Up
- We can reconvene and have a cookout. There are a couple goods spots and we can meet as a group and hangout

After that we will play it by ear.

WEATHER INFO: This is not necessarily weather dependent. Some of us knuckleheads will gladly hit the trails in the rain. We will have to make a call the day of so keep an eye on the forum thread.

OHV Trail Info: Trails vary greatly and all vehicle types can have a good time at Uwharrie. We can talk more specifics the morning of and maps are available for free at the Outpost. I have been wheeling at Uwharrie for almost a decade so I have a pretty good idea what rigs can go where.
UNLESS YOU HAVE SLIDERS AND GOOD GROUND CLEARANCE AVOID THE 3 D's (DICKEY BELL, DUTCH JOHN, & DANIEL TRAIL)... you've been warned

El Dorado Outpost Info:
"The Outpost" is the meeting hub for all offroaders in Uwharrie. There is a country kitchen inside with decent seating. They have gasoline, free air for tires, trail passes, maps, pretty much anything you would find in a gas station, camp supplies, bait and tackle, ENO's for sale, and even gold mining equipment for sale)

THEY ALSO HAVE OVERLAND CRACK (stickers and patches)

If you have any more questions about the other activities available feel free to ask someone in the thread, or check out Google.

THIS IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY MEETING, BUT WATCH YOUR OWN KIDS... last thing we want is someone getting hurt.

DOGS WELCOME BUT KEEP THEM REASONABLY UNDER CONTROL AND LEAVE PSYCHO DOGS AT HOME.

As always we will abide by TREAD LIGHTLY principles!
When is this meet up? Maybe I missed seeing it posted?

JasKolp

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
I'll be volunteering at Congaree that weekend and can't make it. I finally got my torsion bars set right so now I have about 9 inches of clearance in the front (versus about 7 that I had on the April meetup). I should be able to attend a meetup in June if there is one.

Last edited:
Reactions: NC-Trooper

Jayhawk_Overlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hampstead, NC
Member #

I was looking at west Morris mountain campground for Friday night and hopefully Top of Daniel for Saturday! This first one is a camp ground $8 a night pretty primitive...top of daniel is just a fire pit on top of a trail

GunDude

Rank V

Influencer II

I don’t think you can camp on top of Daniel? Maybe your thinking Dickey Bell?
Might be crowded, being Memorial Day weekend. I like upper loop camp ground, but might not be anything available.