NB Overland

• HTML tutorial

Virgil

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

One thing I've noticed over the years is that a lot of people heading east to explore the Atlantic region are often headed towards NS and NL. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it seems to people just don't know how much NB has to offer for overlanding enthusiasts. It is probably the best kept secret on the east coast.

Just wanted to share our website with folks looking to explore out east and get a glimpse into the possibilities. Feel free to contact us about helping fellow OB members plot a route or simply come out and join us on one of our tours or sign up for our annual NB Expedition Challenge!

eastcoastoverland.net

Reactions: Road and Homeguy
T

The Raven

looks cool, but my expereince with NB was not that stellar. I came through on a KLR and had to get off at one point for a rest, in the middle of the road as the roads were so straight it got boring. The gov basically destroyed the tourism industry on the fundy coast by bypassing huge sections of 1, kind of like the Gaspe. I'm sure the northern and western sections are better but I can only speak of the south and east.

Someday I will take a run up there. NL was worth it though....no disapointments.

Reactions: Virgil

Rawimage.ca

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
First Name
AJ
Last Name
Gagnon
Member #

One thing I've noticed over the years is that a lot of people heading east to explore the Atlantic region are often headed towards NS and NL. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it seems to people just don't know how much NB has to offer for overlanding enthusiasts. It is probably the best kept secret on the east coast.

Just wanted to share our website with folks looking to explore out east and get a glimpse into the possibilities. Feel free to contact us about helping fellow OB members plot a route or simply come out and join us on one of our tours or sign up for our annual NB Expedition Challenge!

eastcoastoverland.net
Going East this summer and will look your site up for sure, would b nice to hook up with some of you on a trail, thanks.

Virgil

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Going East this summer and will look your site up for sure, would b nice to hook up with some of you on a trail, thanks.
Update on that old post above. Things have evolved. We are now at nbexpeditions.com

Drop us a line sometime.

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Update on that old post above. Things have evolved. We are now at nbexpeditions.com

Drop us a line sometime.
Thanks @Virgil for updating your link. I just took a look there, poked around a bit, and ordered a G.A.R.B. for use and review. I like the looks of it a lot. Looks like a good bit of thought went into the design and functionality.

You might be interested in a trip I'm planning up through the Maritimes: Maritime Canada Expedition. If you'd like to meet up, talk about what you guys are doing in New Brunswick and about camping and overland opportunities, I'd be glad to make it an interview.

Let me know - feel free to PM me here for contact info.

Road

Virgil

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Thanks @Virgil for updating your link. I just took a look there, poked around a bit, and ordered a G.A.R.B. for use and review. I like the looks of it a lot. Looks like a good bit of thought went into the design and functionality.

You might be interested in a trip I'm planning up through the Maritimes: Maritime Canada Expedition. If you'd like to meet up, talk about what you guys are doing in New Brunswick and about camping and overland opportunities, I'd be glad to make it an interview.

Let me know - feel free to PM me here for contact info.

Road

Hey Road, yes I saw your order! Thank you for your support! Hope you like it!

Just skimmed through your Atlantic Canada trip. Looks interesting. Would 100% like to link up and do an interview. Do you run a YouTube channel or website?

We can take you to some pretty epic spots at the end of trails up here in NB. Obviously this would be depending on when, because if it’s during NBX or during the week, I wouldn’t be able to.

I’ll DM you to discuss further details.

Cheers

Virgil

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Hey Road, yes I saw your order! Thank you for your support! Hope you like it!

Just skimmed through your Atlantic Canada trip. Looks interesting. Would 100% like to link up and do an interview. Do you run a YouTube channel or website?

We can take you to some pretty epic spots at the end of trails up here in NB. Obviously this would be depending on when, because if it’s during NBX or during the week, I wouldn’t be able to.

I’ll DM you to discuss further details.

Cheers

Virgil
Hey Virgil - Both roaddude.com and youtube channel are on their way. I've owned roaddude.com for ages, just never did much with it. Now that I'm back on the road in a big way, time to shape it up!

Dates are indefinite right now for coming up your way. Last trip I went on was supposed to be three-four weeks on the road and ended up being sixteen. As this shorter trip shapes up and things become more firm as far as anyone else coming along, or other dates I set to be certain places like out in BC and Colorado that may affect going up to NB, I'll let you know.

I'm really looking forward to getting your G.A.R.B for the spare on my trailer. It's a great looking bag. As I said above, looks like a lot of thought went into the design and functionality. I suspect it will eventually end up on the spare on my van when I get the swing out tire carrier for it.

Talk to you soon!

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

My plan is to explore quite a bit deeper in the Nor'East Maritimes. Spring brings us up the Maine Coastline entering NB at St Stephen. At St George turn southwest (towards the water), turning west to Mascarene and out to the Bluffs (the road beyond the Light House Road) looks an awesome place to spend the early evening/night.

Familuar with it? Can't really tell by Gaia or the NB map site if it's private, Queens or otherwise...

Virgil

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

My plan is to explore quite a bit deeper in the Nor'East Maritimes. Spring brings us up the Maine Coastline entering NB at St Stephen. At St George turn southwest (towards the water), turning west to Mascarene and out to the Bluffs (the road beyond the Light House Road) looks an awesome place to spend the early evening/night.

Familuar with it? Can't really tell by Gaia or the NB map site if it's private, Queens or otherwise...
There is a lot of private land out along that coast. You’ll list have to see. Usually there is a sign or gate to indicate if it’s private. But there are crown land spots out that way.

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

There is a lot of private land out along that coast. You’ll list have to see. Usually there is a sign or gate to indicate if it’s private. But there are crown land spots out that way.
Are you familiar with the lighthouse out there? I'm batting .600 for staying at lighthouses (not bad average really..). The road east leads to a house, the road north (continuation) is to the point. Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 4.09.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-01 at 4.10.08 PM.png