Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

I was thinking about getting this Arkon Tablet Mount Holder. I've been checking out other ones and I like this one because the gooseneck is 22" long and the others I've seen are just 18". How about you, what are you going to use?

View attachment 11765

Just an FYI from someone who has been down that road... get a solid mount rig if you plan on your tablet being stationary on rough trails.
Ram Mount is by far the best setup out there. We have a 1" ball bolted to the tranny tunnel with an arm coming off of that from the passenger side so the navigator can alternately pivot it around for routing, or leave it extended towards the driver for direct use. If you're interested I can get you part numbers for my setup. Should be similar for most mid-sized vehicles with a console.

Reactions: Mike G

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Abut a month or so back I picked up the new NVIDIA Shield K1
More info is in my build thread on the forum here of it and the mount I used.
I am running Back Country Navigator, and Gaia.
I have not really had time to play with it much, and I need to learn to download map grids to use it off line.

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Just an FYI from someone who has been down that road... get a solid mount rig if you plan on your tablet being stationary on rough trails.
Ram Mount is by far the best setup out there. We have a 1" ball bolted to the tranny tunnel with an arm coming off of that from the passenger side so the navigator can alternately pivot it around for routing, or leave it extended towards the driver for direct use. If you're interested I can get you part numbers for my setup. Should be similar for most mid-sized vehicles with a console.
Part numbers would be great, thanks @stringtwelve.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using OB Talk mobile app

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Nice! Is it bolted to the console?
The round plate only came with 4 screws, so I went to Home Depot and bought 4 #8-32 nylon lock nuts so I can bolt it from the back. I think using only the screws would have been fine for normal road use but I don't plan on going on normal roads. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-T560NU using OB Talk mobile app