Nashville, Tennessee

• HTML tutorial

Climber

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Columbia
We are supposed to be driving to N.C. tomorrow to take our kids snowboarding. Ice will spice up the drive for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

Lucky me! Work was cancelled Friday, I had Monday off, and they cancelled again today. I drove about 75 miles around exploring. Went down to the Natchez Trace which was nearly untouched except for the park rangers. Such a beautiful drive.

AreWeThereYet

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Hendersonville, TN
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
K

Been going to and from work, and basically just trying to find reasons to drive around. I found out Hendersonville PD has an undercover Range Rover while I was playing in a parking lot mall crawling. I wouldn't even call what I got a warning, just asked if I was having fun, then told me to be safe, and have a good evening.

Reactions: Dave_brez and Jose

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

So who is up for Stony Lonesome this weekend? I am open either day but Sunday looks like it'll be a bit warmer which would be nice. Also, a little less muddy since it'll have an extra day to dry out. Anyone else available?

Capture.JPG

EisenYota

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kingston Springs TN
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Eisenmenger
Member #

Welcome Greg, glad to see another Yota on board. I believe there is a group hitting some trails this weekend.Unfortunately the snow days have me working this weekend however, there is a meet up on the 27 th.

sent from my not so bright smart phone

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

I just moved here from Southern California and while the snow was fun... all the salt is hurting my heart. These Jeeps have huge issues with rust and I am worried that these winters will kill the Jeep. From what I can tell this was a freak storm that came through and is not a regular occurrence. What do you guys think? Will this be it for winter? Do you usually have more storms and salt or is it usually limited to one or two storms per winter?

This summer I plan to do some internal frame coating. Then before winter hits maybe I'll do a coat of fluid film as a preventative measure.

eloist

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Nashville
I just moved here from Southern California and while the snow was fun... all the salt is hurting my heart. These Jeeps have huge issues with rust and I am worried that these winters will kill the Jeep. From what I can tell this was a freak storm that came through and is not a regular occurrence. What do you guys think? Will this be it for winter? Do you usually have more storms and salt or is it usually limited to one or two storms per winter?

This summer I plan to do some internal frame coating. Then before winter hits maybe I'll do a coat of fluid film as a preventative measure.
Don't worry. Just spray the under carriage as soon as you can.

We usually only get 2-3 snows a year. I'm a lifelong Tennessean and I've never in my life had issues with rust on a car.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tyler.W

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

Don't worry. Just spray the under carriage as soon as you can.

We usually only get 2-3 snows a year. I'm a lifelong Tennessean and I've never in my life had issues with rust on a car.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Good to hear! I always read the horror stories about salt and Jeeps and it probably has me way more worried than I need to be.

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

Heading down to Adventure Off-Road Park tomorrow! Stony Lonesome was too far so I need to plan that trip a bit better.

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

Damn... That park is crazy! The green trails are surprisingly difficult for something you'd expect to be easy.

I got stuck in some mud which got my winch going. Found out after everything that it wasn't properly secured to the drum and pulled right off by hand (luckily didn't do that under load). Also, I had a brake line come loose but that tightened back up. All in all some small casualties but nothing that wasn't easily fixed.

Reactions: Jose

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Damn... That park is crazy! The green trails are surprisingly difficult for something you'd expect to be easy.

I got stuck in some mud which got my winch going. Found out after everything that it wasn't properly secured to the drum and pulled right off by hand (luckily didn't do that under load). Also, I had a brake line come loose but that tightened back up. All in all some small casualties but nothing that wasn't easily fixed.
Good you were able to get back up and going! Never been to that park but I do want to go check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk