St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
I've got it figured out I think, I spoke with Veteran Overland about Bennett Pass to make sure we won't have a trail plug somewhere, good to go! So we'll be meeting at the Bennett Pass Trailhead (the parking lot with bathroom off of 35) around 11, everyone can eat lunch (not a potluck this time), visit, and hit the trail around 12-12:30, we'll connect into NF-48 and everyone can go their own ways, be it more trails or home.

This is all pending snow! I'm not gonna take a big group of trucks through Bennett Pass if there's snow, could end up in a mess.

Last edited:

Jago Overland Adventures

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Battle Ground Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Jago
Member #

I've got it figured out I think, I spoke with Veteran Overland about Bennett Pass to make sure we won't have a trail plug somewhere, good to go! So we'll be meeting at the Bennett Pass Trailhead (the parking lot with bathroom off of 35) around 11, everyone can eat lunch (not a potluck this time), visit, and hit the trail around 12-12:30, we'll connect into NF-48 and everyone can go their own ways, be it more trails or home.

This is all pending snow! I'm not gonna take a big group of trucks through Bennett Pass if there's snow, could end up in a mess.

So I guess I'll be making my work week one day shorter to make this trail run.

Thanks for arranging this Steve.

Reactions: Spud

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

whaaa??? you don't want to take a large group of people on a single lane mountain road with a drop off most of the way through the snow??? why not .... lol

Spud

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
Hey guys, so I won't be leading this now, another member, Shaun, has stepped up to lead the trail run. He's far more familiar with that area than I am, and if weather comes into play he has other ideas for alternative routes.

My reasoning for stepping out is my wife is pregnant! But unfortunately she's having a really rough time with it and I need to be here with her.

Have fun everyone!

Reactions: RainGoat

STPICKENS

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Evansville, WY, USA 82636
First Name
SHAUN
Last Name
PICKENS
Member #

This will be a fun easy run. Right now there is snow falling up on the mountain with highs in the upper 30’s and lows in the mid to upper 20’s. Bring extra food and water with proper clothing for the weather. We are not anticipating and precipitation on sat but a rain jacket couldn’t hurt since weather changes fast. It’s helpful to have a portable air compressor so you can air down for added traction and be able to air back up. Comms are going to be very helpful. I will be running gmrs on 15 and cb on 22. If you don’t have any comms don’t worry. We will go over proper trail etiquette before the run and what vehicle you brought with tire inspection. We do have an alternate plan if the pass is snowy or icy that is stock rig safe. We will not be in a hurry on this run so expect to be back after dark. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Hey guys, so I won't be leading this now, another member, Shaun, has stepped up to lead the trail run. He's far more familiar with that area than I am, and if weather comes into play he has other ideas for alternative routes.

My reasoning for stepping out is my wife is pregnant! But unfortunately she's having a really rough time with it and I need to be here with her.

Have fun everyone!
Sorry you had to bow out but totally understandable. Congratulations and take care of her and yourself.

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
This will be a fun easy run. Right now there is snow falling up on the mountain with highs in the upper 30’s and lows in the mid to upper 20’s. Bring extra food and water with proper clothing for the weather. We are not anticipating and precipitation on sat but a rain jacket couldn’t hurt since weather changes fast. It’s helpful to have a portable air compressor so you can air down for added traction and be able to air back up. Comms are going to be very helpful. I will be running gmrs on 15 and cb on 22. If you don’t have any comms don’t worry. We will go over proper trail etiquette before the run and what vehicle you brought with tire inspection. We do have an alternate plan if the pass is snowy or icy that is stock rig safe. We will not be in a hurry on this run so expect to be back after dark. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.
You know I'm there to asst-lead with you.

Reactions: STPICKENS

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
A few photos of the run today. I had a fun time. It was great to meet all of you. I have more and will put them up tomorrow. I’ll post the videos I have on my uTube channel and post link.C3E1CCED-4F5D-4BF8-9ED2-6D59E5E7D018.jpegDE826E17-D31E-4DC6-819C-837597D9B432.jpeg17DC861B-5E5E-418A-8988-DDA12C9F9F30.jpeg21BD6239-7A04-422D-BCF9-7D611711C0C5.jpeg9C568D16-D639-44C4-98C2-7D33F12FDB29.jpeg