Evansville, WY, USA 82636
First Name
SHAUN
Last Name
PICKENS
Member #

I’ll be there - Toyota Tundra
Hey everyone!!

Tomorrow is the day to go play. Weather forcast is favorable for us tomorrow. We are looking at at low of 22 tonight and a blistering 35 tomorrow. Expect winter conditions on the Mountain and the Trail. There is snow up on the roads to Timberline so please be safe getting to the meet up. As i stated in a different post that Terry and I will scout the trail a little before. i expect the trails to be a little snowy and icy so having good all terrain tires is almost a must. tires rated "M/S" or that have the little mountain with snowflake (rated severe weather) tires are needed. I take the safety of the group very seriously and want this to be an enjoyable experience. I look forward to seeing everyone on the trail tomorrow.

PB&Me

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Portland, Oregon
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Merges
Member #

Thanks Terry! Now I know what the back of my truck looks like on the trail ... :-)

The only part of that trail that concerned me was the off camber part early on... that was quite a first experience !

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Thanks Terry! Now I know what the back of my truck looks like on the trail ... :-)

The only part of that trail that concerned me was the off camber part early on... that was quite a first experience !
Wish I would have gotten some of the tighter areas so you could have seen them.

PB&Me

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Portland, Oregon
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Merges
Member #

Not sure what the requirements are the host/post a Rally Point, so I'm doing this here.

This coming Sunday (11/18), the Mrs and I are planning to do a hike to McNeil Point, and then if the weather is decent, go down Lolo Pass, which is supposed to be a very easy trail. All here are welcome to join.

If anyone wants to join us, you are welcome. We expect to be at the McNeil Trailhead by 9 AM, and Lolo Pass maybe by 12 noon. We'll take a look at the trail before we begin and if it is in bad shape (snow, etc), we will cancel the ride. More on Lolo Pass at this link.

If you want to go, feel free to post here and let me know. It would be great to have others since I'm a newb.

McNeil Trailhead: N45º 24.467' W121º 47.149'

Lolo Pass: N45°25'38.4" W121°47'47.8"

Reactions: Terry Pickens

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Not sure what the requirements are the host/post a Rally Point, so I'm doing this here.

This coming Sunday (11/18), the Mrs and I are planning to do a hike to McNeil Point, and then if the weather is decent, go down Lolo Pass, which is supposed to be a very easy trail. All here are welcome to join.

If anyone wants to join us, you are welcome. We expect to be at the McNeil Trailhead by 9 AM, and Lolo Pass maybe by 12 noon. We'll take a look at the trail before we begin and if it is in bad shape (snow, etc), we will cancel the ride. More on Lolo Pass at this link.

If you want to go, feel free to post here and let me know. It would be great to have others since I'm a newb.

Sounds like a fun hike and run but I don't think I can make it. I'll let you know by Saturday.

Reactions: PB&Me

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV

Can not make it, have a great time.