Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Finally got to building out a drawer system for my WJ from ideas on here. Still working on a few bits, but it's functional already and I love being able to slide out the stove, make coffee, and slide it back in to pack up.
View attachment 100924
Looks good! Quick set up and tear down is so nice on the trail

KPMetrics

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Vermont
Member #

I'm running tires bigger than what will fit in there for a spare so I'm thinking of maybe storing my tool set and other things I don't access often in there. And the way I have this built, if I unclip it from the tie downs it slides toward the front of the vehicle and I can get into that storage spot.

Reactions: MedfordChris

RicketyOnion

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rock Hill, South Carolina, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4GZD
Can you advise on what sliders/rails you used and how they are holding up to some use. My coming up to-do will to build a drawer system for the cruiser.
Thanks!

KPMetrics

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Vermont
Member #

They're shop fox 26" full extension. Got them from Amazon:

Holding up fine. Since I'm really only ever out for a few days at a time, and I pack like I'm still in the infantry, my loads stay light and these are having no issues at all.

RicketyOnion

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rock Hill, South Carolina, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4GZD
Thanks! I was looking at on Zon(Amazon). I am a light packer, but def will be getting the most heavy duty I can find. I think 500Lb is the way I'm planning though. Just cause I hate stuff breaking..
Thanks KP!

Tuck1562

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Krause
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3RQG
Appreciate you posting this..going to get started on my build this winter...thinking of doing something that will allow me to sleep in Jeep.
Great ideas.