• HTML tutorial

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

This is easily modified for any scenario from slow cooker, to dutch oven, to home roasting, heck even instapot fans do this, so you can do it anywhere but I need to give a heads up, once you have it, you will want to make it more.

Had the day off, girl said she invited some friends over, decided I had to up the cooking game a bit, decided to try something I have sort of done in the past, just not this way. My spin on Mississippi roast.

Started with a nice clod of brisket. Ended up picking up 48lbs at my butcher for…… $2.99/lb. Yup, 2.99 lb for brisket. How could I not say how much can I get??? Vacuum sealed most but left this on out for today.

Coated with my go to beef rub then fired up the pellet grill at high smoke. Smoked the clod for a little over 2 hours then got her into the black pot of love. IE my 12” deep dutch oven.

Tossed in 3 onions quartered, the brisket, sprinkled on a envelope of hidden valley ranch dressing powder and a envelope of beef au jus mix, then stemmed a jar of pepperoncini’s and poured it over everything with its tangy juice, then a stick of butter then put the coals to her for the next 3.5 hours. This is part way thru cooking….

Served on hoagie rolls like philly cheese steak peppers and onions with the great beef and the yummy spreadable cheese sauce. It was a hit. Recommend this one for your next BBQ or camp trip.

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

What's that table you used for the Dutch Oven? I might need to get one of those..

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Its a little dutch oven table made by chuckwagonsupply. Heard about them from 1960hikerdude on youtube. I have a campchef table to but this one blows it out of the water with the tall windscreen, side tables, no side to easy removing coals plus it is super strong. I have stood on it, and Im about 6'1"/ 230lbs. The table is shorter but like the youtube video I linked below, it actually makes it easier to use, as odd as that sounds. Highly recommend it. I have a dozen dutch ovens, 20ish skillets or sorts, and odd ball cast iron pieces here or there, but this table is on of those odd online finds that I really like. Check them out and let me know what you think if you get one.

Here it is when I first got it setting it up in the kitchen since it was a dam blizzard outside! Its holding a campchef deep 12" (8 qt) and lodge deep 14" (10 qt)

And some of the cast iron in my meager collection.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

HAHAHA thanks brother. I have been worried about how much weight a floor can hold but I found thru the years not to really stress it unless doing something really stupid. When I lived down town and had an apartment on the 3rd floor I kept a decent amount of stored food, water (rotated in 5gal USGI water cans, and ammo since I love to go shooting. Being on the 3rd floor, there is no really supported area so I have kept decent amounts, well just before leaving and moving into my house I had to foresight to buy some extra ammo due to how the elections looked (actually bought extra everything, but that's a different matter. But on one trip to Gallensons (old shooting store in SLC UT) they had pallets of federal bulk pack 22lr for $139.00 a case. I bought 80 cases, or 420,000 rounds. For the next 8 years, I was one of the few that shoot a few thousand rounds a week without worry. When a coworker wanted to take his son who just graduated from Air Force boot camp out shooting prior to him leaving for year, but he could not find 22lr and when he did they were selling the 525rd pack for $75-100. I simply gave him two and said, tell your son thank you for your service. He offered to pay something but I would not take it. But storing these cases on top of what I already had was pretty nerve wracking, more so when I finally moved 4 months later... Lets just say I had legs of steel and a back that could not feel pain. I was worried about theft and would only move the questionable stuff from 3-5AM over the course of a few days. Since one up to no good is not up at this time usually. Now I have a cement pad basement and a room devoted to my preps without weight concern.

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
Thanks for sharing this. Going to have to try this for sure.

Also thanks for the good dreams I am going to have tonight when I get off of work thinking of this amazing looking meal!!!!!

This is easily modified for any scenario from slow cooker, to dutch oven, to home roasting, heck even instapot fans do this, so you can do it anywhere but I need to give a heads up, once you have it, you will want to make it more.

Had the day off, girl said she invited some friends over, decided I had to up the cooking game a bit, decided to try something I have sort of done in the past, just not this way. My spin on Mississippi roast.

Started with a nice clod of brisket. Ended up picking up 48lbs at my butcher for…… $2.99/lb. Yup, 2.99 lb for brisket. How could I not say how much can I get??? Vacuum sealed most but left this on out for today.

Coated with my go to beef rub then fired up the pellet grill at high smoke. Smoked the clod for a little over 2 hours then got her into the black pot of love. IE my 12” deep dutch oven.

Tossed in 3 onions quartered, the brisket, sprinkled on a envelope of hidden valley ranch dressing powder and a envelope of beef au jus mix, then stemmed a jar of pepperoncini’s and poured it over everything with its tangy juice, then a stick of butter then put the coals to her for the next 3.5 hours. This is part way thru cooking….

Served on hoagie rolls like philly cheese steak peppers and onions with the great beef and the yummy spreadable cheese sauce. It was a hit. Recommend this one for your next BBQ or camp trip.