My Titanswapped '07 Xterra- The Little Earwig (Pincherbug)

• HTML tutorial

DRTMaverick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corvallis, OR, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Hey guys I've been a member here for some time but I haven't done a proper build thread yet so I wanted to throw out there what I drive and what I've done to it.

My current vehicle and build is a 2007 Nissan Xterra SE, I bought it back in 2015 with the plans to build it into an off-roading and overlanding build. For years I've wanted to build something that was capable of going the places I wanted to go for photography and for general camping. I had a 1998 pathfinder prior to the Xterra so I kind of knew Nissan well enough to go that route. The Xterra was stock when I originally purchased her.

x_new.jpg

I first swapped in a 2" lift with radflo coilovers, SPC UCAs and some OME HD leafpacks rated for +440lb over stock about a year after I bought the vehicle. Shortly after I bought second-hand a shrockworks bumper from a member of the Northwest Xterra Club, and I started to look into the various other ways to improve the vehicle. I ended up doing a 2" body lift after awhile to accommodate some 34OD(285/75R17) tires and I ordered a rear bumper from a custom fabricator who specializes in rear bumpers for the Xterra (MaxGear rear bumper).

49295528131_cb51c23178_h.jpg

I went with a Viair dual air compressor and 2gallon tank setup for airing up the tires after I air them down.

vaiairstuff.jpg

While all that was nice I knew I wanted more, so I envetually decided to start collecting components to do the Titan-swap (if you're not familiar with Nissan, you can swap in Titan components into Frontiers and Xterras- everything from the engine and transmission to the suspension and other drivetrain components). My titan-swap at the moment is just the front differential and the rear axle are no longer the R180/C200k combination, they are upgraded to M205/M226 diff/axles with a locking rear differential. I titan-swapped with Radflo 2.5 coilovers and shocks with remote reservoirs as well as various other components including Alcan custom +800lb over stock leafpacks. I carry a lot of gear hehe. I'll have a list of my loadout below.

Here are the shocks
49669667331_4da8b4514c_h.jpg IMG_1971.jpg radflorears.JPG

I've done a few roadtrips with the new setup and I'm loving it so far, I just need to do more!

kingrange1_.jpg IMG_3947.JPG IMG_3909.JPG

Current loadout:

Engine mods:
Stock other than the Snorkel

Drivetrain Mods (Excluding Engine):
M205 swapped front differential with 3.36 gearing
M226 with E-locker swapped rear axle with 3.36 gearing
Titan CV axles

Suspension:
Titan-swap length front Radflo 2.5 Coilovers with Remote Reservoirs and 650lb springs
SPC Titan UCAs
OEM Titan LCAs
Titan-swap length rear Radflo 2.5 shocks with Remote Reservoirs
Alcan custom leafpacks for +800lb over stock.
Adjustable 1",1.5", and 2" above stock rear shackles set at 1"
Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/75R17 (34OD) 10ply tires

Exterior and Armor Mods:
Shrockworks front bumper and front skid
MaxGear rear bumper w/ tire and jerrycan carrier
Two Wavian Jerrycans
Trasharoo (adamantly used to pick up trash on the trails).
Chinese 50" (or 52") lightbar off ebay. Hasn't had any issues with water in the past four years though even through heavy Oregon Rain.
ARB Traction boards (Max version or whatever).
Viair twin 400C + 2.0gallon airtank OBA setup
(Planning to get sliders next check)

Interior/Electrical mods
Switches for compressor, locker and lightbar.
Bearcat 980SSB CB radio
Dog barrier for the back.

Recovery Gear:
I have a ton of recovery gear and such including tree savers, snatchablocks, a 12k winch, etc. I will list this better soon.

Kilo Sierra

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Warren, New Hampshire, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Seaverson
Member #

Nice! I sometimes kick myself for not going Titan Swap. But NH has fender laws and I couldn't justify it. Oh well.

Replacing the rear springs to Alcans is my next buy. What pound springs do you have up front? And how have the springs been so far?

DRTMaverick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corvallis, OR, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Thanks!

So far the springs in the rear are stiff but starting to soften up- they're very heavy weight considering. I made a mistake of ordering frontier-length titanswap rear shocks and they're an inch too long so they bottom out without heavy duty shocks, plus I weigh in at 6300lb when I'm fully loaded.f

I do recommend Alcans though- they'll spec you whatever weight you want!

Reactions: Kilo Sierra