Rank III

Enthusiast I

Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Andreasen
Member #

I am in the process of getting my rig ready for overlanding. I dont think it is conventional, but it works for me. I have just installed a mini lift and wheels and tires. I have a steel bumper for the front being made as i type this. I am really interested in getting a trailer and adding a RTT. Getting ready to make some custom rock sliders. I use Gaia on a 10in android tablet. I am interested in your input on Sat gps phone type deal. Looking at some garmin units. The rig is coming along slowly but surely. Interested in getting peoples input on must haves. I plan on going to Overland Expo East. I hope to meet some of you all in the future. Happy Holidays!

Attachments

Reactions: Trail_pilot

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
I am in the process of getting my rig ready for overlanding. I dont think it is conventional, but it works for me. I have just installed a mini lift and wheels and tires. I have a steel bumper for the front being made as i type this. I am really interested in getting a trailer and adding a RTT. Getting ready to make some custom rock sliders. I use Gaia on a 10in android tablet. I am interested in your input on Sat gps phone type deal. Looking at some garmin units. The rig is coming along slowly but surely. Interested in getting peoples input on must haves. I plan on going to Overland Expo East. I hope to meet some of you all in the future. Happy Holidays!
Looks good. Doesn't need to be a huge overbuilt rig to be enjoyed! Some of my favourite rigs are the ones that break the mould lol.
Iv never thought about a Sat phone and usually just suffer with no signal lol. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.