Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

A name? Do you talk to her? Does she talk to you? Do you give her a firm but gentle squeeze on her rear quarter panel? Or, a full on two handed rear bumper grab? Do you respect her? Or just use her for your pleasure, then lock her up in the barn? Does she behave herself in public? Or is she constantly burning rubber & tail gating? When outfitted will she be sleek and retain her youthful looks? Or a bit on the overloaded pudgy side? These are all questions that must be answered before giving her a name.
I prefer a full two handed FRONT bumper grab, myself.

Reactions: OVRLNDCBR and MOAK

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@MOAK People are the opposite, you name them first and then they provide the meaning! :P

Yee, naming them for what they do is the best way.

Reactions: MOAK

OVRLNDCBR

Rank V

Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

A name? Do you talk to her? Does she talk to you? Do you give her a firm but gentle squeeze on her rear quarter panel? Or, a full on two handed rear bumper grab? Do you respect her? Or just use her for your pleasure, then lock her up in the barn? Does she behave herself in public? Or is she constantly burning rubber & tail gating? When outfitted will she be sleek and retain her youthful looks? Or a bit on the overloaded pudgy side? These are all questions that must be answered before giving her a name.
That is awesome mate! Agree, all these questions need to be addressed first ;)

Reactions: MOAK

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

How about DINO pronounced like DEE-NO

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
We struggled for a while when we purchased our Anvil gray Jeep JK last year, decided to drive it for a while and let it pick its own name, surprisingly in short order during the build process, we discovered that it had a habit of causing just enough grief and sometimes depression while trying to complete various projects, and as we started to explore we found the beast to be a worthy travel companion, but often with just a touch of moodiness. Due to its gray color and behavior it became 'Eeyore' the donkey from Winnie the Pooh. A year later and he is true to form and we love him. However there are times when he is frustratingly stubborn he gets referred to as 'Donkey' in the voice of Shrek. Most vehicles that we have named in the past have either earned it by behavior or looks, rather than by brand, model etc. That way we end up with something more unique.
I kind of refer to myself as Eeyore much of the time, so much so that a little Eeyore figurine made it's way to the dash of the Jeep. I also am a big Winnie the Pooh softie, from childhood.
As for the rigs's official name, usually we call it "the Jeep".

:grinning:

Reactions: OTH Overland

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
I kind of refer to myself as Eeyore much of the time, so much so that a little Eeyore figurine made it's way to the dash of the Jeep. I also am a big Winnie the Pooh softie, from childhood.
As for the rigs's official name, usually we call it "the Jeep".

:grinning:
We also have a stuffed Eeyore sitting up on the dash (along with a few ducks that have been left on the hood). With an English heritage I grew up on Winnie the Pooh, and have have my own 'gloomy place complete w/ black cloud' (its quiet and no one bothers me there...lol) and as such suits me well:) Eeyore was always my favorite character from the series, and I can relate to his stubbornness and the number of times he would rebuild his home after the sticks fell down.

Reactions: zgfiredude