Influencer I

Redbank Queensland, Australia
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

Hi All,

Im turning to the forum for help. Bought a new truck, now i need a name! Ive been stuck on this for the last few weeks, and had no luck. Ive attached a few pics to give an idea of what she looks like :)
Thank you
I've had my Fortuner since 2017 and it still has no name mate so I'm no help to you at all lol

• Haha
Reactions: OVRLNDCBR

NCFireGuy

Rank VI

Influencer I

West Jefferson, North Carolina, USA
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Bouchard
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Fire/EMS
I've had my Fortuner since 2017 and it still has no name mate so I'm no help to you at all lol
I am in the same boat as Steve. My son keeps voting for Moby dick, I think that is a step to far. The wife calls my truck "Crisis" as in midlife.

Akicita

Rank IV

Advocate I

Firestone, CO, USA
First Name
Akicita
Last Name
Lakota
Member #

Hi All,

Im turning to the forum for help. Bought a new truck, now i need a name! Ive been stuck on this for the last few weeks, and had no luck. Ive attached a few pics to give an idea of what she looks like :)
Thank you
Latin for Raptor is "Rapto" or "Raptare" which literally means to "seize violently and drag away". . . just say'n. . . my suggestion is "Raptare"

• Love

SWLands

Rank IV
Investor

Pathfinder III

Oakland CA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6QBJ
It should be personal. I am still working it out but I like Backpack. My retirement plan was to get fit and go backpacking. 2 years of health issues later instead of me carrying a backpack my backpack carries me.

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

Maybe name her after an actual raptor - hawk, eagle, harrier, owl, osprey, etc.?

Reactions: NCFireGuy

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

It should be personal. I am still working it out but I like Backpack. My retirement plan was to get fit and go backpacking. 2 years of health issues later instead of me carrying a backpack my backpack carries me.
That's an awesome name!
I'm a big fan of personal too. Usually, we go with girl's names. However, I struggled to find a name for our Jeep since 2016. It wasn't till around 2018 that I put a sticker on the back window that has the outline of a bear. Ever since then I always thought to myself that I'm walking toward the Jeep with the Bear sticker. Next thing you know, the Jeep became Bear. It only took a few years. lol

Car names can be something the car makes you think of, someONE it makes you think of, a feeling you get when you see it, drive it, etc.

Reactions: SWLands

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
We struggled for a while when we purchased our Anvil gray Jeep JK last year, decided to drive it for a while and let it pick its own name, surprisingly in short order during the build process, we discovered that it had a habit of causing just enough grief and sometimes depression while trying to complete various projects, and as we started to explore we found the beast to be a worthy travel companion, but often with just a touch of moodiness. Due to its gray color and behavior it became 'Eeyore' the donkey from Winnie the Pooh. A year later and he is true to form and we love him. However there are times when he is frustratingly stubborn he gets referred to as 'Donkey' in the voice of Shrek. Most vehicles that we have named in the past have either earned it by behavior or looks, rather than by brand, model etc. That way we end up with something more unique.

Reactions: AggieOE

Snapspinner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fuquay-Varina, NC, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Whipple
Member #

First off, that is a nice color on that truck! As far as a name goes, Robin is the first thing that popped into my brain when I saw it. Other names... Hunter, Evelyn. I dunno, sometimes it's hard to pick a name.

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@OVRLNDCBR Just use her for a while, you'll figure out a suitable name. Backpack is a good start.

My trucks' names...

1999 Ford Explorer, The Vulture. Named for being a salvage vehicle built largely with salvage parts. Vultures are scavengers, making use of others' refuse.

2003 Dodge Durango, GiGi. Short for Gas Guzzler. No mysteries here...

2000 Ford Explorer, Hazey. Named for being manufactured in Hazelwood, Missouri.

Just use her for a bit. A name will come naturally if you don't think about it too hard.

OVRLNDCBR

Rank V

Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

First off, that is a nice color on that truck! As far as a name goes, Robin is the first thing that popped into my brain when I saw it. Other names... Hunter, Evelyn. I dunno, sometimes it's hard to pick a name.
Thanks mate, Im super happy with the how the green turned out! It certainly is hard to pick a name - I think a few of the other guys are on to it with the 'use it and wait and see what comes' approach.

OVRLNDCBR

Rank V

Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

We struggled for a while when we purchased our Anvil gray Jeep JK last year, decided to drive it for a while and let it pick its own name, surprisingly in short order during the build process, we discovered that it had a habit of causing just enough grief and sometimes depression while trying to complete various projects, and as we started to explore we found the beast to be a worthy travel companion, but often with just a touch of moodiness. Due to its gray color and behavior it became 'Eeyore' the donkey from Winnie the Pooh. A year later and he is true to form and we love him. However there are times when he is frustratingly stubborn he gets referred to as 'Donkey' in the voice of Shrek. Most vehicles that we have named in the past have either earned it by behavior or looks, rather than by brand, model etc. That way we end up with something more unique.
Love it! thats a really great story and Eeyore would suit perfectly! :)

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
A name? Do you talk to her? Does she talk to you? Do you give her a firm but gentle squeeze on her rear quarter panel? Or, a full on two handed rear bumper grab? Do you respect her? Or just use her for your pleasure, then lock her up in the barn? Does she behave herself in public? Or is she constantly burning rubber & tail gating? When outfitted will she be sleek and retain her youthful looks? Or a bit on the overloaded pudgy side? These are all questions that must be answered before giving her a name.