My quick trailer build.

• HTML tutorial

DungeonWorksGarage

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bartlett tn
Member #

I don't get on here very much sorry, I will try my best to be on here more. Name is Johnny IG @TheCelt7 member 0768.

I picked up this trailer about 2 months ago. And in between working out of town during the week, weekends building the trailer my son Danny named Tadpole. Here is what it started as.1479505297645.png

And with some help from my 10 year old Danny we started the take down.1479508033597.png 1479572572572.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Neight and Vyscera

DungeonWorksGarage

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bartlett tn
Member #

We needed some fenders so we picked up some "jeep style" fenders.Screenshot_2017-01-06-00-25-26.png and we busted out the saw and went to town and came up with something we liked.Screenshot_2017-01-06-00-23-32.png added some of @thejeepcalledyeti Yeti-Built led lights.

DungeonWorksGarage

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bartlett tn
Member #

Well my wife Kate wanted to be able to take showers and wash dishes with hot water, so I ordered this up for Tadpole. Should come in handy on our trip from Memphis tn to Anza in march. Screenshot_2017-01-06-23-54-26.png

DungeonWorksGarage

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bartlett tn
Member #

Well we decided that with the flip up table and kitchen set up, that we needed a utensils storage close at hand. So Danny and I made a drawer just for that, and to make use of the dead space.Screenshot_2017-01-07-19-50-34.jpg

AZ_Overland

Rank III

Advocate II

Thanks! I'm lucky as I get free rein of the scrap piles at my shop. And I get to work on it in breaks and lunch hours.
Wish I could hit up my scrap pile at work I would have been able to pull out full trailers. I've been lucky that they have let me do a few things at work but nothing hardcore just pressing in bushings, large cutting projects I can't do at home, large drill press use and small welding. But nothing crazy.
I need to raise my trailer another 6 inches to match the tow vehicle just not sure how I'm going to do it. I have a slipper spring now and the eventual goal is a trailing arm setup but I think that's a ways off. So I may swap in a set of Jeep YJ springs.

Sent from my SM-N900V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: DungeonWorksGarage

DungeonWorksGarage

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bartlett tn
Member #

Wish I could hit up my scrap pile at work I would have been able to pull out full trailers. I've been lucky that they have let me do a few things at work but nothing hardcore just pressing in bushings, large cutting projects I can't do at home, large drill press use and small welding. But nothing crazy.
I need to raise my trailer another 6 inches to match the tow vehicle just not sure how I'm going to do it. I have a slipper spring now and the eventual goal is a trailing arm setup but I think that's a ways off. So I may swap in a set of Jeep YJ springs.

Yeah the owners of the shop are my in-laws lol. I've seen people use jeep springs. Thats what @thejeepcalledyeti did on his adventure trailer. I have the slipper springs also did a axle over swap and gained 3.5" running 33" tires, it sits just about level with my Montero. Getting the 2.5" ome kit for the montero and I will swap out to reg 36" eye/eye springs at the same time.

AZ_Overland

Rank III

Advocate II

Yeah the owners of the shop are my in-laws lol. I've seen people use jeep springs. Thats what @thejeepcalledyeti did on his adventure trailer. I have the slipper springs also did a axle over swap and gained 3.5" running 33" tires, it sits just about level with my Montero. Getting the 2.5" ome kit for the montero and I will swap out to reg 36" eye/eye springs at the same time.
Yeah I've already got the axle flipped I have a 5 inch lift on my ZJ and a custom high clearance bumper that is causing such a high amount of lift to be needed. In due time I'll get it figured out. Best of luck the little dude looks so happy working on it also.