Rank II

Contributor III

Riverview, Michigan, United States
First Name
Journey Before Destination
Last Name
Overlanding
Member #

My two GDS pups and I travel in my 2013 JKU as often as we can. We are on a mission to do 49 states together in my jeep. I have already been to 48 when I was young and been to almost all of the national parks. We love the outdoors, challenging trails and being self reliant as much as we can. Hope to be meeting many like minded folks here in the near future. Here are some shots fo my rig and my dogs on a trip last summer. I just recently Linex’ed my front bumper!! Wish I had done that to the rear as well. Also just got the pups new cotta for camping to keep them off the ground. They love them and are using them at home as well.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Welcome! Beautiful babies......Almost need a bigger rig for them alone LOL.

Nice set of trail badges by the way!

How do the dogs get in the RTT or do they? I myself have dogs and thought about the hardship of lifting them in and out all the time.

Jim

D

danbrown

Welcome! Beautiful dogs and very nice rig! Looking forward to hearing about your travels!

Reactions: Garyiverson

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My two GDS pups and I travel in my 2013 JKU as often as we can. We are on a mission to do 49 states together in my jeep. I have already been to 48 when I was young and been to almost all of the national parks. We love the outdoors, challenging trails and being self reliant as much as we can. Hope to be meeting many like minded folks here in the near future. Here are some shots fo my rig and my dogs on a trip last summer. I just recently Linex’ed my front bumper!! Wish I had done that to the rear as well. Also just got the pups new cotta for camping to keep them off the ground. They love them and are using them at home as well.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Great to see you have two navigators with you
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

I absolutely love your rig, and of course since I travel with 3 overgrown pups myself I had to write a reply to your post. Do you happen to use GPS collars for your pups, and when you travel up north in the big country have you had any issues with wild animals? I had opted out of the RTT for the Canvas Ground Tents so that I can keep an eye on them at all times and the Tent Stove comes in handy during the winter. Can't wait to see more of your Jeep, Pups, and Adventures. Safe Travels!

Reactions: MadMedic

Garyiverson

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Last Name
Overlanding
Member #

I absolutely love your rig, and of course since I travel with 3 overgrown pups myself I had to write a reply to your post. Do you happen to use GPS collars for your pups, and when you travel up north in the big country have you had any issues with wild animals? I had opted out of the RTT for the Canvas Ground Tents so that I can keep an eye on them at all times and the Tent Stove comes in handy during the winter. Can't wait to see more of your Jeep, Pups, and Adventures. Safe Travels!
I keep them in the RTT at night. I also have a vestibule and they sometimes sleep in there. Never had any real issues yet with wild animals others than the occasional raccoon. They just bark and protect the camp. They are trained very well for verbal commands so they never run off. Hope to be posting many trips this summer coming up. Subscribe to my YouTube channel if you would like to see what’s coming up and what I am doing to my jeep. I will be posting much more in the near future as I am close to retirement.

Reactions: MarioT'sCJResto

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you and the pups join us.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello, welcome to the OB family.

Garyiverson

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Last Name
Overlanding
Member #

I am looking I to the GPS collars. They are very well trained so have not used them yet. That being said, I am looking at FI smart dog collars. They are very discreet and if someone tried to take either dog, they would most likely miss them. Both are also microchip implanted. Here’s a couple more of the jeep and the pups. Athena, the small one on the fridge is a hoot when we travel. She loves to lay on the fridge and look out the back window. Only issue is she keeps bumping the light on the roll bar and it’s on 90 percent of the time. I finally just took the bulb out.

Attachments

Reactions: MarioT'sCJResto

Garyiverson

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Last Name
Overlanding
Member #

Welcome! Beautiful babies......Almost need a bigger rig for them alone LOL.

Nice set of trail badges by the way!

How do the dogs get in the RTT or do they? I myself have dogs and thought about the hardship of lifting them in and out all the time.

Jim
My pups climb the ladder. Getting down is a little more interstate! I have to carry them down. Athena is smaller at 60 pounds and is not an issue. However Apollo is 98 pounds and huge. He is not so easy to carry so I stack some boxes and he kind of jumps half on me and half on the boxes. It can be a interesting time when he decides he has to go at 4 or 5 in the morning…

Reactions: Jim SoG

Garyiverson

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Last Name
Overlanding
Member #

Jim
I had the same question.
Dogs climb up ladder. The now make a fine mesh that goes over the ladder so dogs can go up and down. Have to still help them down at this point. I am fabricating an aluminum stair case for them. Will post it when I am done.

Reactions: Sparksalot

MadMedic

Rank V

Trail Mechanic II

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
McCamley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRPG822
Service Branch
Fredericksburg FD
Great idea in regards to the GPS collars!! I don't know why I haven't thought of that before. Love this forum. All the little things we get to pick up on and try out.

Garyiverson

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Last Name
Overlanding
Member #

Great idea in regards to the GPS collars!! I don't know why I haven't thought of that before. Love this forum. All the little things we get to pick up on and try out.
Agree. The collars are great.

Reactions: MadMedic