My Overland Stickers - I show you mine you show me yours thread

• HTML tutorial

Nomad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

I like all the stickers shown some very cool ones at that but I have to save my last sticker for my mug now..

Reactions: Jason Clark

4x4_gump.619

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Utah
Member #

I did a little work a couple weeks back. The member badge is on my driver side. It seems like I need to get a couple more though...

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Mine is just the off-road. I wish I could have gotten the pro! Just means I get to do my own thing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the off-road version is awesome and you can do everything the pro version can do or build it up yourself. Last year I almost traded in my rover for a TRDPro 4Runner, but I still have an inkling to build up a new Land Cruiser (though too many computers for me). In the end, I think the Tacoma built up is a spectacular overland rig.

Reactions: 4x4_gump.619

4x4_gump.619

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Utah
Member #

I think the off-road version is awesome and you can do everything the pro version can do or build it up yourself. Last year I almost traded in my rover for a TRDPro 4Runner, but I still have an inkling to build up a new Land Cruiser (though too many computers for me). In the end, I think the Tacoma built up is a spectacular overland rig.
This is my first time getting involved with overland vehicles. I went to Africa with my wife in June and fell in love with the idea... I have a lot to learn and a long way to go, but it looks like I made a good choice with a Toyota. I love the 4 Runner and if I didn't want the Tacoma that bad I would have gone that route for sure...

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

This is my first time getting involved with overland vehicles. I went to Africa with my wife in June and fell in love with the idea... I have a lot to learn and a long way to go, but it looks like I made a good choice with a Toyota. I love the 4 Runner and if I didn't want the Tacoma that bad I would have gone that route for sure...
Wow, the trip to Africa must have been amazing! I have followed a few folks on Instagram who have made treks across Africa in a variety of 4x4 vehicles. It certainly looks like quite an adventure, but not sure some of them I would go on as an American (based on some of their stories - they are all European).

Jason Clark

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Calgary Alberta Canada
Member #

Our trip to Africa three years ago is how we got involved in overlanding as well! It's fabulous over there

Sent from my HTC One M9 using OB Talk mobile app

4x4_gump.619

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Utah
Member #

It was incredible. The wildlife you see in the bush alone makes it worth the trip. We were in Mfuwe, Zambia in the South Luangwa Nat'l Park and it was unforgettable. Most of what they have there are Land Rover, but someone had a Toyota set up from nose to tail. Hands down a great truck.

What's your instagram handle?

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

It was incredible. The wildlife you see in the bush alone makes it worth the trip. We were in Mfuwe, Zambia in the South Luangwa Nat'l Park and it was unforgettable. Most of what they have there are Land Rover, but someone had a Toyota set up from nose to tail. Hands down a great truck.
What's your instagram handle?
It's funny you mention Toyota vs. Land Rover in Africa because I was talking to a few groups who do these expeditions and they said that the choice, in many countries, is extremely political. I guess in some countries, the Toyota Land Cruiser is the choice and others it is the Land Rover Defender. They are both awesome vehicles, but I know politics (more than even reliability) have fueled the African 4x4 debate.

I guess it's no different in the states - the discussion that is! :)

I am envious of you guys having such amazing adventures in Africa!!!