My next Overland vehicle...

• HTML tutorial

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

Are you familiar with BMW R1200GS reliability? The final drive has a tendency to blow up and catch on fire. I would look at a KTM or the Honda Africa Twin; the Honda is less powerful and heavier than the KTM, but it will be bomb-proof.

BeardedOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingman, Arizona, United States
First Name
JASON
Last Name
SMITH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUH443
Are you familiar with BMW R1200GS reliability? The final drive has a tendency to blow up and catch on fire. I would look at a KTM or the Honda Africa Twin; the Honda is less powerful and heavier than the KTM, but it will be bomb-proof.
I was looking at the Africa Twin until I saw the price tag, and I test drove the KTM, but really didn't care for it. If I buy another bike, I think It'll be a Suzuki DR-Z400S or the DR-650S I like the feel of the 400S it reminds me of my first bike a Yamaha 350XT in the way it handles.

Reactions: Dog Party and Kelly

Dog Party

Rank 0

Contributor I

I was looking at the Africa Twin until I saw the price tag, and I test drove the KTM, but really didn't care for it. If I buy another bike, I think It'll be a Suzuki DR-Z400S or the DR-650S I like the feel of the 400S it reminds me of my first bike a Yamaha 350XT in the way it handles.
Sorry if this is a bit off-topic for the thread, but...My first bike was a Yamaha XT350 too! I've looked at all the current adventure bikes and keep coming back to the Suzuki DR400 and 650.

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Here is my next upgrade dream...

Toyota V8 (200) Land Cruiser Arctic Trucks 44 (AT44)

Just started the process of planning, cash generation & saving
See: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sponsors-for-arctic-trucks-at44-build-project.9242/

Looking for Sponsors and Supporters (of any kind....kit, cash, logo stickers, parts, etc.)
Please help if you can - every little help :)

Ambitious - But not impossible !!!

Photo below: Friends vehicle in Norway, who also uses it to explore Iceland

Arctic ExplorationAT46.png

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Jimmy P