Rank III

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
First Name
Alfonso
Last Name
Rojas
Member #

What do you think of the tent so far? Quality? I’m eager to look for a rtt as well but my goal is to use my ground tent more before I justify the expense. Who needs to justify an expense that looks cool though??

Reactions: Lil Bear

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

What do you think of the tent so far? Quality? I’m eager to look for a rtt as well but my goal is to use my ground tent more before I justify the expense. Who needs to justify an expense that looks cool though??
Quality seems pretty dang good! I'm used to light weight ground tents so this thing is like a house! I researched many many tents before actually purchasing this one. I had narrowed it down to a CVT, iKamper, Or Tuff Stuff (alpha) I believe. The last 2 are hard shells. I recommend that once you get narrowed down as to which tent you want, call some of the companies or warehouses that carry them and see if they have any deals or specials. Online they won't tell you these things. For instance if you drive to the CVT store in TN, you will get a discount on the models there vs shipping from somewhere or ordering. Make sure your rack will fit your tent though! That's the issue i'm having now. I have too much of the tent overhanging over the ends, so I need a larger rack. Trying to sell this rack and purchase a different one but that isn't going as planned either lol!!!

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

That thing looks huge! How many does it sleep?
LOL!! It is huge!! It is rated as a 4+ tent. Basically there are two double mats inside. It's like an over sized california king maybe?? When i open it back up i'll have to measure the mats and compare them to regular ones and see!

Reactions: JPM78130

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
Quality seems pretty dang good! I'm used to light weight ground tents so this thing is like a house! I researched many many tents before actually purchasing this one. I had narrowed it down to a CVT, iKamper, Or Tuff Stuff (alpha) I believe. The last 2 are hard shells. I recommend that once you get narrowed down as to which tent you want, call some of the companies or warehouses that carry them and see if they have any deals or specials. Online they won't tell you these things. For instance if you drive to the CVT store in TN, you will get a discount on the models there vs shipping from somewhere or ordering. Make sure your rack will fit your tent though! That's the issue i'm having now. I have too much of the tent overhanging over the ends, so I need a larger rack. Trying to sell this rack and purchase a different one but that isn't going as planned either lol!!!
Hopefully things will fall into place for you cause that's a nice tent.

Reactions: Lil Bear