Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Bibby
Member #

Well I had a 96 Landcruiser and that got me excited to get into over landing. Ended up selling that and getting a Ram 2500 and a 26’ travel trailer thatvwe ended up not using enough. So back to the basics, picked up a 2010 Tacoma TRD Sport and plan on going all out with it, well maybe. I want to teach my kids how to camp the normal way. So hopefully this will help.

Here’s my old LC with a buddies trailer, one of the day I traded the Ram in on the Taco . But so far I love this lil truck.

Stereo has been installed, a few amazon items, mounted my Hi-lift in the bed and new lift and wheels/tires are next.

Attachments

Stoked

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Celina, Tx
Member #

Congrats! I replaced a 91 Land Cruiser with a 2016 Tacoma TRD OR. I miss the LC sometimes, but the Tacoma sure is nice! I'll probably have another one in the future when it can be more of a weekend toy.

Reactions: CoryB

CoryB

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Bibby
Member #

Congrats! I replaced a 91 Land Cruiser with a 2016 Tacoma TRD OR. I miss the LC sometimes, but the Tacoma sure is nice! I'll probably have another one in the future when it can be more of a weekend toy.

Thanks! I was thinking the same. I miss it but the Tacoma fits me better.

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

I have the same Taco. I've been building it out. Lot's of great aftermarket parts and options are available. Depending on what your planning to do with it.

I am building it out to sleep in but I also wanted to live outside and have a tent for others that go with me on trips. I didn't want to spend a lot so I purchased 3 Walmart items.

The first night we used it, it rained like hell. The canopy dripped where the Velcro is sewn into the seams but the tent was dry as a bone. for $130.00 I am very pleased. I was hoping the canopy would fit over the cap and cargo carrier but with the cargo box and lift it wasn't tall enough. With the cap door open the rain drips into the bed of the truck. I installed a gutter around the back window to catch the rain coming off the cap. Today was the first rain since I installed the gutter. It did its job but with the cap door up all the way the rain on the door poured over the top edge onto the bed. . I may put more gutter upside down along the top of the glass but I'm not sure where the water will go.

I may attach an awning to the back of the cargo carrier to go over the canopy. I'm still working that out.

uwahre.jpg

CoryB

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Bibby
Member #

I have the same Taco. I've been building it out. Lot's of great aftermarket parts and options are available. Depending on what your planning to do with it.

I am building it out to sleep in but I also wanted to live outside and have a tent for others that go with me on trips. I didn't want to spend a lot so I purchased 3 Walmart items.

The first night we used it, it rained like hell. The canopy dripped where the Velcro is sewn into the seams but the tent was dry as a bone. for $130.00 I am very pleased. I was hoping the canopy would fit over the cap and cargo carrier but with the cargo box and lift it wasn't tall enough. With the cap door open the rain drips into the bed of the truck. I installed a gutter around the back window to catch the rain coming off the cap. Today was the first rain since I installed the gutter. It did its job but with the cap door up all the way the rain on the door poured over the top edge onto the bed. . I may put more gutter upside down along the top of the glass but I'm not sure where the water will go.

I may attach an awning to the back of the cargo carrier to go over the canopy. I'm still working that out.

View attachment 111467

Very helpful thanks!!!

CoryB

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Bibby
Member #

Well here’s a update , been busy going through a divorce and playing with my truck.
I installed Fox 2.0 coils and rear shocks, Seaver add a leaf ,JBA UCA’s, new head lights , extended brake lines, new wheels and 285/70-17 open Range A/T’s. And I have some BAJA Designs fog lights to install.

Reactions: srotier

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

Update on the canopy. I went with the OB group buy on the overland vehicle systems awning. I mounted it in a way that the 90 degree arm will rest up against the back of the roof rack. No pics of it deployed yet. WIN_20200222_17_44_31_Pro.jpgWIN_20200222_17_45_16_Pro.jpg

Reactions: CoryB

CoryB

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Bibby
Member #

Attachments