Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Started with a new 2018 Tacoma DCLB. Quickly added new 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx tires.

Then for comms, I went with the Cobra 75XT for its compactness.

After that, my wife and I found a great used 23Zero RTT.
I didn’t have a rack to mount it to, and all the production racks seemed to be a 6-8 week wait. We wanted to run the Georgia Traverse before the summer heat set in, so I decided to build my own rack. I plan on adding a Softopper, so I built the rack to just clear a topper.

This is where I’m at so far. Next mods will be a lift and then a winch mount. We are running the COBDR in July, so I may or may not have those done by then.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

CWOPinger

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Milton, FL
Member #

Nice truck, I'm looking at the same thing only in Quicksand. I realize you've only had it a short while, how are you liking it? Any mechanical problems? Looking forward to a trip report on the COBDR, that's one of my planned trips when I get mine. Safe Travels.

southernfire97

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Nice truck, I'm looking at the same thing only in Quicksand. I realize you've only had it a short while, how are you liking it? Any mechanical problems? Looking forward to a trip report on the COBDR, that's one of my planned trips when I get mine. Safe Travels.
I hate the way it shifts. Other than that, I love it.

Reactions: CWOPinger

BPCLFD

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

Sellersburg, IN, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Don't sweat the shifting issues. Either my 2017 off road is a unicorn or the truck will settle in to your driving style after some miles. I currently have 25k and have zero shifting complaints. I have completed 2 overloading trips to NM and CO both 4000 miles plus and no complaints off road either