• HTML tutorial

Contributor III

Riverside, CA, USA
First Name
Tracy
Last Name
Norton
Member #

We new here (my wife and I). Been offroading/overlanding for a couple years. Mainly western AZ...on notoriously jinky trails.
I drive a 98 4Runner SR5. It a manual w/ a factory locker. Yea. It got a Arby's bullbar too. No RTT...we ground tent camp....we in no hurry.
Was hoping to meet up w/ other misfits like us to explore, camp, sightsee......we retired, in our mid 60s, (she retired physician and I elec/mech engineer), don't drive at night (can't drive when I sleeping)...mainly all of WUSA, stopping short of great plains. Been doin the High Plains Drifter thing long enuf (solo, usually no comms excpet an InReach, no one knows where or who we are....) haha!
I still working, but can do it all on the road.
But thanks in advance...hope to meet up w/ some folks that are as scary as us. We in Riverside CA....I'm available for coffee any time.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We new here (my wife and I). Been offroading/overlanding for a couple years. Mainly western AZ...on notoriously jinky trails.
I drive a 98 4Runner SR5. It a manual w/ a factory locker. Yea. It got a Arby's bullbar too. No RTT...we ground tent camp....we in no hurry.
Was hoping to meet up w/ other misfits like us to explore, camp, sightsee......we retired, in our mid 60s, (she retired physician and I elec/mech engineer), don't drive at night (can't drive when I sleeping)...mainly all of WUSA, stopping short of great plains. Been doin the High Plains Drifter thing long enuf (solo, usually no comms excpet an InReach, no one knows where or who we are....) haha!
But thanks in advance...hope to meet up w/ some folks that are as scary as us. We in Riverside CA....I'm available for coffee any time.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Welcome to Overland Bound, Tracy!

4WDrivaholic - never heard that term before, but it´s great, will keep it in mind.

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern

TCorona

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Corona
Member #

Hey there,
Originally from Riverside (its' my hometown), currently live up in the Central Valley, still try to get down to that area often to visit my two brothers that live there.
Sometimes we meetup (with my Son) and explore and camp up in the Lake Arrowhead/Big Bear Lake area, also over in the Idyllwild/Mt. San Jacinto areas, many areas can get crowded, but believe me there are also many areas to get away from the crowds.
Checkout this YouTube channel for trail exploring ideas in SoCal...

Reactions: Kozysnack

Contributor III

Riverside, CA, USA
First Name
Tracy
Last Name
Norton
Member #

Hey there,
Originally from Riverside (its' my hometown), currently live up in the Central Valley, still try to get down to that area often to visit my two brothers that live there.
Sometimes we meetup (with my Son) and explore and camp up in the Lake Arrowhead/Big Bear Lake area, also over in the Idyllwild/Mt. San Jacinto areas, many areas can get crowded, but believe me there are also many areas to get away from the crowds.

My daughter lives and works up in Big Bear (she wheeling a Gen2)...have plans to camp Holcomb. Yea, want to learn offroad group theory...since we always solo up to this point...
Yea, lets meet up for coffee when you get back down here.

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Hey there,

Welcome Thomas, hope you find that Overland Bound is as AWESOME as you want it to be. Great channel BTW.

TCorona

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Corona
Member #

My daughter lives and works up in Big Bear (she wheeling a Gen2)...have plans to camp Holcomb. Yea, want to learn offroad group theory...since we always solo up to this point...
Yea, lets meet up for coffee when you get back down here.
Yeah... sounds good, I'll try to get in touch :sunglasses:

A recent trip down my Son and I camped up at Crab Flats Campground near Green Valley Lake, nice spot.

20190621_193705.jpg20190622_120231.jpgIMG-20190623-WA0005.jpgcamp1.jpg

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us.