• HTML tutorial

AlexanderLR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Bodø, Norway
Member #

Hello :)

This is my little Suzuki. It's going to be used for pure off roading, and overlanding! Used to have a mazda b2600, but it was big and I could not get any upgrade parts for it that would keep it road legal here in Norway...

I've had my Jimny for almost 2 weeks now. Already love it to bits. Small and agile. It's light, slow and fun to drive!

Here is a picture from when I went to pick it up. Flew a bit south from where I live, and had a 11 hour drive home. So I got to know the car a bit.

Crossing the arctic circle.

I wanted a second battery for it, so made up a tray and moved the washer bottle a bit. (it was sitting where the battery is sitting now)

Going on a little overlanding trip with my GF this summer, so we went out camping for one night. Just an hour away from home. Our dog has never slept in a tent before, so it was just a trip to let him try that and see what we would like to bring on our trip this summer.

Also started making up some stuff for the back. Removed the rear seats, and made a new insert to have a flat floor. Don't want to bring any extra passengers anyway :P Building a crate for the dog. It is nearly done. Just need to carpet it and mod the door a bit more. And also making up a shelf over the plastic box there, so I can bring an extra and easily pull them out. Or just to bring one, and let the rest of the luggage stay on top. Hate having to take stuff out, to get to other items under them. Need to level the boot floor a bit.

The car has some rust. Only in the boot. Which is a big problem with Jimnys. Got a welder, just have to learn to use it. And then it will be fixed :)

Last edited:

AlexanderLR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Bodø, Norway
Member #

Ordered lots of stuff today! New kingpin bearings for one side, with all needed gaskets. New brake discs and dust shields(the shields are rusted beyond any repair).
And most importantly I ordered some recovery points for the front. They won't be needed any time soon. Will need a lift and some new tires before I go off road.

Well, this might be the most important thing actually.... :D

AlexanderLR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Bodø, Norway
Member #

Leaving for Lofoten in a week. Been stressing to get the car ready. Work has gotten in the way of progress :/ I have redone the rear of the car. Made a better frame for the shelf system. It is now level :P

IMG_20170718_165545.jpg

IMG_20170723_180533.jpg

I am going to make a removable floor for the bit missing. So that I can easily get to my recovery gear. Also going to paint the insides of the crate to the right. Which is where my dog sits :)

Also when I am not working, I am helping my mother with renovating her house. The Suzuki is small, but stuff fits on its roof!

IMG_20170725_124954.jpg

maxfederle89

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

US
Love your little Suzuki! And I must say you have some beautiful scenery there! I'm not familiar with you little rig though. Could you give us Americans some specifics on it? Model, engine and whatnot. I don't think they released one here in the US. Happy trails and good work so far!

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

AlexanderLR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Bodø, Norway
Member #

Love your little Suzuki! And I must say you have some beautiful scenery there! I'm not familiar with you little rig though. Could you give us Americans some specifics on it? Model, engine and whatnot. I don't think they released one here in the US. Happy trails and good work so far!

It is a lovely little car! I'm 191cm, and still got plenty of room in it. It comes with 4 seats(removed the two rear ones on mine).
1.3L petrol engine, with 80hp. So not very fast.. haha. Can also get it with a renault diesel, but sadly not in Norway.
Weight: 1100kg.
Part time 4x4, with selectable 2H, 4H and 4L :)
Mine is a 2000, but they have been built since 98, and are still in production. Had a face lift at some point, but they look pretty much the same today.

maxfederle89

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

US
Sounds like a great little rig! It sort of reminds me of the jeep liberty that Chrysler used to make. Diesel would have been great! I wish we had more diesel options in the US. I hope it continues to be a great trail rig.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

AlexanderLR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Bodø, Norway
Member #

Completed the dual battery setup today! Just in time. We're going away tomorrow, to leave the dog with my mom. Back Sunday to get the car and then on to a ferry that will take us to Lofoten.

Wired the batteries together with a 500A relay.

IMG_20170727_202437.jpg IMG_20170727_202434.jpg
IMG_20170727_202431.jpg

And then connected a hub to the new battery. So that I can easily connect and fuse stuff in the rear later.
IMG_20170727_202356.jpg

Also made a little box with a couple of 12v sockets for the fridgebox and a usb charge port.
IMG_20170727_202334.jpg

Fridgebox and the 20L water tank fits perfectly. Got a tap for the tank. There will be a storage box under them, and also got room for a bag behind and room for stuff in the dog box.

IMG_20170727_202329.jpg

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I bet that thing is fun off road. Nice and nimble. Any plans for suspension/tires?

AlexanderLR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Bodø, Norway
Member #

It is! Plan is a 2" lift and 235/75-15 tires. My only issue is that lifting is illegal in Norway, unless you buy a kit with approval papers from some german company. Cheapest I can find is 1500$. I have found cheaper black lift springs and trying to figure out if I can use shocks from another type of car that will give me a 2" lift. If it looks original, I'll get away with it. All the cheaper lift kits are all with different colors and logos on them :P

AlexanderLR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Bodø, Norway
Member #

More Jimny please! :D

I might be dropping by Bodø next summer.
Bodø is lovely! Well worth a visit :) Most people come here to fish in Saltstraumen or just pass on their way to Lofoten. But there is lots of stuff to see.
We are a few Norwegians here, looking at the map and judging by the facebook group :)

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

There are 17 norwegians on his forum as far as I know and we do have our own facebook group.

I will be travelling from Sandnes on my way to Nordkapp so it will be a very long drive for me, but totally worth it!

Reactions: AlexanderLR