Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Whoops forgot the video link.

Ill see of i can cook up a price. A lot of small parts and the inverter i laying around already. Batteries were about 60 dollars which was a large part of the cost.

• Haha
Reactions: bmwguru

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Cost. This is for the basic case only, not counting two way radio, inverter ect.

Case-40ish dollars MCM electronics "Duratool" case

12 Volt fuse block-20 dollars

Power outlets- 11 dollars for 2 slot, 16 dollars for 3 slot with voltmeter. 26 total

Charge Controller- 10 dollars

Male to Male 12v cable - 10 dollars

Solar Panel- 40 dollars

Batteries- 7AH UPS batteries 20 dollars each x3. 60 dollars

SAE bulkhead connector for solar panel- 10 dollars

Various switches- ??? Shop around? Price varies and you can get them cheap.

Aluminum stock for battery hold down - Can't remeber. Maybe 10 or 15 dollars worth of material with a bunch left over in the corner of my garage waiting to get used on something.

Wiring- I bought 2 spools of wiring from a local parts store for 14 dollars each and still have a bunch left over. Lets say 20 bucks but that's over guesstimating for this project.

236 dollars total. After you factor in the little bits like wiring, connectors, switches ect you're probably looking at 250-280 dollars depending on how cheap you go on the connectors and what not.

Reactions: Cprosser99

Cprosser99

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Prosser
Member #

Cost. This is for the basic case only, not counting two way radio, inverter ect.

Case-40ish dollars MCM electronics "Duratool" case

12 Volt fuse block-20 dollars

Power outlets- 11 dollars for 2 slot, 16 dollars for 3 slot with voltmeter. 26 total

Charge Controller- 10 dollars

Male to Male 12v cable - 10 dollars

Solar Panel- 40 dollars

Batteries- 7AH UPS batteries 20 dollars each x3. 60 dollars

SAE bulkhead connector for solar panel- 10 dollars

Various switches- ??? Shop around? Price varies and you can get them cheap.

Aluminum stock for battery hold down - Can't remeber. Maybe 10 or 15 dollars worth of material with a bunch left over in the corner of my garage waiting to get used on something.

Wiring- I bought 2 spools of wiring from a local parts store for 14 dollars each and still have a bunch left over. Lets say 20 bucks but that's over guesstimating for this project.

236 dollars total. After you factor in the little bits like wiring, connectors, switches ect you're probably looking at 250-280 dollars depending on how cheap you go on the connectors and what not.
Cool build. I've been needing to build one for a while and I think I have a good starting point now. Thank you!