Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Also speaking from experience, you don’t want the first time you use that gear to be because you HAD to use it.

Take it out, set it up, pull a vehicle, set up the rigging, get it a tiny bit dirty. You want to be familiar with your equipment before you need it. Often I find in the practice process that I either am missing an additional piece of gear I hadn’t thought of, or there’s some type of skill or knowledge I’m missing. Good to catch before when it’s fixable and no big deal.

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

Also speaking from experience, you don’t want the first time you use that gear to be because you HAD to use it.

Take it out, set it up, pull a vehicle, set up the rigging, get it a tiny bit dirty. You want to be familiar with your equipment before you need it. Often I find in the practice process that I either am missing an additional piece of gear I hadn’t thought of, or there’s some type of skill or knowledge I’m missing. Good to catch before when it’s fixable and no big deal.

totally agree on the above statement.

Reactions: ohiowrangler

ohiowrangler

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Newark, Oh
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Darling
Member #

Ben Cleveland is absolutely rite. That type of prep will help you prevent bad things from happening. Ron