My ARB bull bar did its job.. do I Replace or Repair? What you guys think

• HTML tutorial

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Did you pick up that dashcam after seeing mine? I kind of think you already had it at Alabama Hills. Anyway, I'm sure I've told you that my Costco Cobra has proven me in the right three different times now, each time paying ridiculous amounts for small amounts of damage. I almost feel like a fraud every time I accept the check but then I just go watch the video again LMAO

Reactions: Byron Eby

fj80cruiserlife

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Daly City, California, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Garza
Member #

Did you pick up that dashcam after seeing mine? I kind of think you already had it at Alabama Hills. Anyway, I'm sure I've told you that my Costco Cobra has proven me in the right three different times now, each time paying ridiculous amounts for small amounts of damage. I almost feel like a fraud every time I accept the check but then I just go watch the video again LMAO
No I had the dascam already. Yes it has proven o be a handy device.

Reactions: Michael

Spyduh

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bay Area
Member #

I would fix it and spend the money on a Gobi, snorkel and etc. When and if you have the money just buy a new one then. If you plan on fixing it. Leave it mounted on your car. Use a shop rack/lift/tow truck/fork lift to straighten her out. That's how I fixed my ARB. Either that or use a tow trap and a tree and slowly yank it straight.

Reactions: fj80cruiserlife

fj80cruiserlife

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Daly City, California, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Garza
Member #

I would fix it and spend the money on a Gobi, snorkel and etc. When and if you have the money just buy a new one then. If you plan on fixing it. Leave it mounted on your car. Use a shop rack/lift/tow truck/fork lift to straighten her out. That's how I fixed my ARB. Either that or use a tow trap and a tree and slowly yank it straight.
thank you , for your thoughts I will be updating ifo shortly , and with pictures on what I get.

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Damn Jessie!! I cannot believe I just saw this! Glad everyone is alright! Love my dashcam that I got. No accidents filmed but have filmed others running me off the road cause they didn't want to yield. Glad that there was only minor damage to your bumper and it was fixed next day.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
From the video, kinda surprised your airbag didn't pop. That would have been quite a bit more money and more unnerving to you. Lot's of damage for such a slow speed. Sounds like you've got a plan, interested to see what you come up with. If he hasn't already, have your buddy take a good look at the frame horns in front there. Sometimes hidden damage can cause more problems down the road.

G'luck, Dan.

OldH1

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Saint Simons Island GA
First Name
Roy
Last Name
Mohr
Member #

Service Branch
Former LEO
Glad you were able to get it fixed and can spend the cash on something else...proves that when you are good to others it gets paid back. Also great restraint in not snatching a knot in that little twits butt for giving you the finger! :-)

Reactions: Gunnermoose