Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

Just picked up a 2012 JKUR 3 weeks ago. First picture is the day I brought it home. Second picture is today, just got a hard top for it. Have a cb on the way this week. That will probably be it for a bit. Possibly do the suspension next with OME 2 inch lift, it currently had spacers on it and want to get that changed sooner than later.
20170325_173056.jpg 20170412_171934.jpg

PuraVida

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Midland, Texas, United States
First Name
Caleb
Last Name
Austin
Member #

Good start!
When I got my '89 YJ the only thing I did to it for the first year was oil change spark plugs and air filter then tires a year later then nothing for 2 years!
I look at it this way, build it slow and it give time to think through and build it the best that it can be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dj_mccomas

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

Good start!
When I got my '89 YJ the only thing I did to it for the first year was oil change spark plugs and air filter then tires a year later then nothing for 2 years!
I look at it this way, build it slow and it give time to think through and build it the best that it can be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For sure, going to get the suspension and a 5th matching spare, and that will possibly be the only things that get upgradd this year. Want to get some traveling in too.

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

OME 2 inch lift, I don't really need anymore than that. Right now there are spacers on it, and it's fine, but I know the OME will be better all around.

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

That is what I am looking at for down the road... it has a lift on it right now, no idea what brand or how much.
Yeah, seems like a solid suspension from what I have read. Plan will be I August for that. Wanting to drive the rig out to the overland expo east. So want the suspension legit and a matching spare. Came with a stock spare so not wanting to chance a long drive like that without a matching spare. Waiting on one more part to mount my antenna and I'll have the CB set up.

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

Got the smitty built tailgate kit from @NW David installed today, thanks again man. Picked up some seat covers from costco, set for 25 bucks, also picked up a jumpstarter/air compressor today.

20170508_141502.jpg 20170508_162829.jpg 20170508_170559.jpg 20170508_172643.jpg

Jeremy •IIIIIII• Michael

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Long Beach, Ca
Member #

Good looking Rubicon. I agree with the slow build. I waited 3 years before putting any kind of aftermarket mods. I enjoyed my Jeep then, and I continue to enjoy it now. The hardest part now is prioritizing what will be next......

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

Good looking Rubicon. I agree with the slow build. I waited 3 years before putting any kind of aftermarket mods. I enjoyed my Jeep then, and I continue to enjoy it now. The hardest part now is prioritizing what will be next......
For sure man. I also ordered a 5th matching wheel. Next major mod will be the OME lift in August.

Jeremy •IIIIIII• Michael

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Long Beach, Ca
Member #

I too am currently searching for a matching 2nd spare. I have found a few for sale, but the sellers weren't willing to break up the 5 wheel set. Which is understandable. Finding the spare used tire was simple. Picked it up for $10 from a tire shop.

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

I too am currently searching for a matching 2nd spare. I have found a few for sale, but the sellers weren't willing to break up the 5 wheel set. Which is understandable. Finding the spare used tire was simple. Picked it up for $10 from a tire shop.
I just ordered a new one, at least then I'll have 5 wheels that match instead of the oem spare.