Tommy
Last Name
Schneeman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPA723
Service Branch
Police Officer
I bought my first overland rig in May. The first “upgrade” I did was to remove my running boards. I finally added my first upgrade. I bought an awning from Napa, seems like a lot of people have lately. So I gave it a shot. It’s the first awning I’ve ever seen in person but it seems like decent quality. I keep everyone updated as I use it!

Attachments

Schnee91

Rank VI

Influencer II

Austintown, Ohio, United States
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Schneeman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPA723
Service Branch
Police Officer
Took the Runner camping this weekend. I used the awning the entire time. It was awesome! We got a thunder storm and other than having to push the water off the top a couple times it worked out great. I did have it at an angle but water still pooled on top. So I collapsed the vertical legs really low. For only costing me $107 I was very impressed with the NAPA awning this weekend. Unfortunately my trip ends tomorrow morning…

Attachments

LRdisco1

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Doyle
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
I bought my first overland rig in May. The first “upgrade” I did was to remove my running boards. I finally added my first upgrade. I bought an awning from Napa, seems like a lot of people have lately. So I gave it a shot. It’s the first awning I’ve ever seen in person but it seems like decent quality. I keep everyone updated as I use it!
I also have the awning. Figured if I use it a ton I may upgrade to a 270 just for ease of deployment and I do feel the Napa may be a bit cheap with the fabric and Velcro. But so far so good after a few uses.

Reactions: Schnee91

Schnee91

Rank VI

Influencer II

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Schneeman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPA723
Service Branch
Police Officer
I also have the awning. Figured if I use it a ton I may upgrade to a 270 just for ease of deployment and I do feel the Napa may be a bit cheap with the fabric and Velcro. But so far so good after a few uses.
So far I can’t complain about the awning. It’s done it’s job for me every time lol.

Reactions: LRdisco1

Schnee91

Rank VI

Influencer II

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Schneeman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPA723
Service Branch
Police Officer
I was lucky enough to find a hood with the scoop for a very decent price in North East Ohio. I installed it today and I couldn’t be happier. I know it’s just cosmetic but I like how the scoops look!

Attachments

Schnee91

Rank VI

Influencer II

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Schneeman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPA723
Service Branch
Police Officer
Today my ditch light brackets came in so I installed those and my ditch lights. I haven’t gotten the chance to wire the lights up just yet but I probably will in the next week or so. The brackets were ordered from CBI Off-road and the lights are are from Autozone. They’re 2360 lumens, so we’ll see how they are in a couple weeks!

Attachments

Schnee91

Rank VI

Influencer II

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Schneeman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPA723
Service Branch
Police Officer
Newest asset to the Runner! My sneeze roof rack, I ordered it on eBay and it was pretty easy to put together and mount to the roof. Next should be the RTT from Overland Vehicle Systems. Just waiting on it to ship. Suspension should be in March or April.

Attachments

Reactions: RabidRunner

Schnee91

Rank VI

Influencer II

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Schneeman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPA723
Service Branch
Police Officer
Added an Overland Vehicle Systems RTT to the 4Runner. Im amazed at how awesome sleeping on the runner is compared to ground tent sleeping. I’m really looking forward to using this a lot in the future.

Sorry I’m still trying to figure out how ti embed the pictures instead of just attaching them.

Attachments

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Nice 4Runner! Looks like a good platform.

The embedded format usually follows the concept of:
[.i.m.g.].https://.photo_url.[./.i.m.g.]. <<<but without any of the periods

If you use Imgur for your photo storage, it's the BBCode.

Reactions: Schnee91

Schnee91

Rank VI

Influencer II

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Schneeman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPA723
Service Branch
Police Officer
Nice 4Runner! Looks like a good platform.

The embedded format usually follows the concept of:
[.i.m.g.].https://.photo_url.[./.i.m.g.]. <<<but without any of the periods

If you use Imgur for your photo storage, it's the BBCode.
Thank you! I’ll have to start using that. so far I don’t regret anything about this 4Runner at all! Well nothing except the gas mileage

Schnee91

Rank VI

Influencer II

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Schneeman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPA723
Service Branch
Police Officer
Nice truck. Resist the urge to go crazy with mods. One always leads to another. ”upgrade” As things break or wear out.
Thank you! I don’t plan on modding it tok much. I don’t do any crazy off roading or rock climbing. Plus I really enjoy the look of a stock 4Runner.

Reactions: Advtres

TCBTacoma

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butt
Member #

Wait, you're on an overlanding site and you claim you like the look of a stock <anything>!?!?!?!!? You are in the wrong place! But really, I pretty much agree with you, especially in the earlier generations (3rd is kind of mid-generation...anyway, yours!). It is tough to maintain that stock feeling while ensuring it can get us where we want to go and how we want to live when out there. But I do love this era of 4Runner, and really like how you're approaching the build.

Schnee91

Rank VI

Influencer II

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Schneeman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPA723
Service Branch
Police Officer
Sorry there’s been no update for anyone who’s been following along. The 4Runner started to get tired and I sold her. The rod bearings were starting to go bad so I let her go to a home that can fix her up right!
Since then I’ve purchased a 2018 Tacoma TRD Sport. All she has so far is the bed rack and new RTT. I’ll start a new build thread for her eventually.