Must run trails in the ozarks?

• HTML tutorial

Weston

Rank 0

Traveler I

East tx
My wife and I are going to be headed near Russellville Arkansas in a few weeks with the Jeep. I have done some homework on the area but with limited time was wanting to see what areas/trails are a must. We will just b day tripping from a cabin by the lake. We will have 3 days to run around. Any help is appreciated.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Just head into the Ntl Forrest and start exploring.

Reactions: Weston

Aaron Burkett

Rank I

Contributor III

What’s up Weston,
I’m Aaron and I’m from Texarkana,Tx(Red Lick). Cool to see somebody from East Texas. I’ve got a 12 Xterra pro4x and always wanted to hit some trails since now it’s not my daily driver.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
What’s up Weston,
I’m Aaron and I’m from Texarkana,Tx(Red Lick). Cool to see somebody from East Texas. I’ve got a 12 Xterra pro4x and always wanted to hit some trails since now it’s not my daily driver.
You're not far from Clayton, Ok. You should go hit up the Clayton trail while you still can. It used to connect with the KTrail but the bit wind farm operation blocked the last 20 yards of the trail so you have to turn around and go back out but it's still worth the drive. Tons of other stuff in the area too. Oklahoma Adventure Trail is decent. Not hardcore but a good way to explore Oklahoma. Then you have the whole Ouchita Ntl Forrest and Ozark Ntl Forrest. All great places to explore and camp.

Reactions: Aaron Burkett

Weston

Rank 0

Traveler I

East tx
What’s up Weston,
Not far from u to broken bow. Real nice area and never seen another vehicle on the trails. Just on main roads. Check out my thread on it.

Dagwood_55

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ozarks of Arkansas
First Name
Vic
Last Name
Hicks
There are plenty of NF roads north of Russellville. You might go north on Hwy 7 thru Dover a few miles, then left on 164, then right on Old Hwy 7 towards Longpoll NF Campground on the Piney. But about 3 miles before Longpool take a right on the gravel/NF road and go north to an old community of Treat, where there is a low water bridge were Mocassain and Indian Creek come together. From there you can go many places: Devil's Knob, Pilot Rock, Ft Douglas, Limestone, Walnut Forks to start with.

I'm sure there are plenty of old roads, but most is ridden on a ATV or S4S, so my be too narrow. I ride dual sport motorcycles so I'm not a 4 wheeler type. But you can ride/drive for days and go nearly to Mo north, OK to west, Buffalo River east all on NF or old logging roads. You don't really need GPS tracks, just do it.

Nearly every major valley/creek at one time had a community with people living in them, Just got to dig them out.

Good Luck!