• HTML tutorial

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
Jeff was a part of my youth. The older me prefers acoustic music.

He was a cool cat.
Yes...my taste has certainly mellowed over the years as well. Unplugged visions of old hits are more my style these days...but occasionally I've been known to get loud ; )

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
One of my favorite all time bands mixes VERY well with taking it slow in nature in my opinion. Dirtwire. They also put on an amazing live show, Ill be seeing them for the 4th time next month. Dave Satori, one of the founding members was who inspired me to learn banjo. His performances showed me banjos aren't just for blue grass and old timey folk...

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
hey thanks Dillon...will check 'em for sure. And enjoy your concert next month. And speakin' of banjos...Steve 'n' Seagulls and The Dead South are a couple I've been fond of lately.

the_great_white

Rank II

Enthusiast III

West Georgia
First Name
TGW
Last Name
TGW
I have driven cross country multiple times and have literally never turned the radio on. I don't even listen to it around town. I think part of it is I drove shitbox vehicles for so long and had to be listening to the sounds of the car to be able to know when it was about to die or cut off so I could take the appropriate counter measures to keep it from dying so I wouldn't be stranded because they wouldnt always just crank back up...lol

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
hey thanks Dillon...will check 'em for sure. And enjoy your concert next month. And speakin' of banjos...Steve 'n' Seagulls and The Dead South are a couple I've been fond of lately.
My wife and I have seen The Dead South live twice now, such amazing performers.
If you are into modern folk and maybe open to some darker subject matter two other groups that are amazing are Amigo The Devil, one man show from Texas. Amazingly talented and an absolute hoot live. He is an amazingly clever lyricist.

Also Bridge City Sinners from Portland. Thier banjo player is really good and also has a side project called Clyde McGee and the Mill Tailors. The vocalist for the Sinners is hard to describe, beyond being a vocalist with the widest range I have heard she gets so intense and into the music live. She also shreds the banjolele Its hard not to really be pulled in by her.

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

My wife and I have seen The Dead South live twice now, such amazing performers.
If you are into modern folk and maybe open to some darker subject matter two other groups that are amazing are Amigo The Devil, one man show from Texas. Amazingly talented and an absolute hoot live. He is an amazingly clever lyricist.

Also Bridge City Sinners from Portland. Thier banjo player is really good and also has a side project called Clyde McGee and the Mill Tailors. The vocalist for the Sinners is hard to describe, beyond being a vocalist with the widest range I have heard she gets so intense and into the music live. She also shreds the banjolele Its hard not to really be pulled in by her.
Great suggestions! I’m adding both to my playlists. Bring on more ideas for my long summer trip, it really helps my mind engaged.
Here are some of my favorites:
- Charles Wesley Godwin
- Vincent Neil Emerson
- Whiskey Myers
- John Moreland
- Dalton Mills
- Greensky Bluegrass (their older stuff)
- The White Buffalo (again, older music is best)
- Drayton Farley
- Caamp

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
I have driven cross country multiple times and have literally never turned the radio on. I don't even listen to it around town. I think part of it is I drove shitbox vehicles for so long and had to be listening to the sounds of the car to be able to know when it was about to die or cut off so I could take the appropriate counter measures to keep it from dying so I wouldn't be stranded because they wouldnt always just crank back up...lol
Your post gave me a good chuckle...for myself I always turned up the volume to avoid thinking about any impending trouble.

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
This is great guys...gonna check out what you all are recommending. First overland vehicle was a 1966 Ford Econoline...pushed that thing pretty deep when I was 17. A couple of shitbox pickups later I bought my first 4x4 at 20...a 1968 F100 shortbox. After that was always a 4x4. The one thing all these vehicles had was the music playing in the cab...right up to today.

Some things never change : )

Attachments

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
One of my favorite all time bands mixes VERY well with taking it slow in nature in my opinion. Dirtwire. They also put on an amazing live show, Ill be seeing them for the 4th time next month. Dave Satori, one of the founding members was who inspired me to learn banjo. His performances showed me banjos aren't just for blue grass and old timey folk...
hey Dillon...been off comms seeking adventure but wanted to hit you back and say thanks for the heads-up on DirtWire. Cool stuff!

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

itsoutside

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Fairfax CA, USA
First Name
Conor
Last Name
Burns
Member #

Music gets played all day every day until I get on the trail. I enjoy listening to my rig and my tires in the dirt and rock. I also enjoy the sounds of nature when I get to camp. However, I always bring a guitar and find myself playing more days than not when I'm out there. I couldn't think of a better place to do it

Reactions: Arailt

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
I have a sequencer and have made well over 100 goofy tunes that I play for myself and passengers, until the tires hit the dirt. Then it's laughing, shouting, and listening to the rumble of the tires and the mud and rocks smacking on the truck body.

Reactions: Sea Diamond

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
I have a sequencer and have made well over 100 goofy tunes that I play for myself and passengers, until the tires hit the dirt. Then it's laughing, shouting, and listening to the rumble of the tires and the mud and rocks smacking on the truck body.
Sounds like mud and rocks could be playing percussion and your best tunes are still to come ;-)

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

We listen at camp, on the highway, etc. Classic rock, 90s grunge/alternative, and a little bit of country mostly. The older I get, the mellower (easy listening) the music gets.

On the trail... what's the old meme that guys need to turn the music down to concentrate when parking haha? That's me. I can't listen to anything when I drive on the trail.

Reactions: Sea Diamond

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

I'm not a huge music fan, my taste is varied, little bit of everything.
I do bring Bluetooth speakers for just background noise sometimes, like when setting up camp.
A lot of times I drive without music. I love hearing my 3.0 liter turbo diesel make noises haha!