Mud flaps

• HTML tutorial

cdunn334

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

fairfax va.
Member #

after searching, I have found several members who don't like them and several that do. I was thinking about getting some for my hoe, seeing that mine were removed sometime.why are so many being removed?

Reactions: H3Coyote

cdunn334

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

fairfax va.
Member #

I have 265/75/16's now and will get 285 next I think. I use to have an xj, and everyone was like, the mud or snow/ice will weigh them down and pull them off.

H3Coyote

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

MidWest, U.S., by Chicago.
Member #

On mine, I just took them off to go out playing around.
I used GM "Christmas Tree" interior clips to put them on and pop them off with...
They're cheap and fast, that way you can put them back on when you air your tires back up and get back on the road... In the winter, just use 3 sheet metal screws in the top, and each end...
Hope it helps with an idea.

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Road

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
I don’t have any on my JKU but I’ve heard they are required in Moab. I’m going to have to come up with something to throw on there I guess.

H3Coyote

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I don’t have any on my JKU but I’ve heard they are required in Moab. I’m going to have to come up with something to throw on there I guess.
For the H3 I'm just going to do GIGANTIC "slip in a tube" semi truck flaps with a big euro triangle on them, instant on and off kind of a thing...

Last edited:

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
For the H3 I'm just doing to do GIGANTIC "slip in a tube" semi truck flares with a big euro triangle on them, instant on and off kind of a thing...
Id love to see what they look like when’s you’re done. Sounds like what I need to do.

H3Coyote

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I actually ordered the euro triangle reflectors from "mep1187" over in the gear, or parts for sale section. Then the truck flaps will actually just be a cut to fit piece like you'd see on the back of a tractor trailer. I'm cutting the rear of the H3 up pretty high, so I want to be sure I have the tires, and tube fenders done when I do the big flaps...
20180130_153327.jpg

dblack

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sherwood Park, AB
Member #

In most of Canada it’s provincial law to have mud flaps, but the law varies by province.

Around here you’ll see some remove-able flaps so that when you’re off road you’re not running over them if you have to back up.

I just tied mine back after I tore them off a few times. Lol.

Alberta Mud Flap and Fender Requirements - Vehicle equipment laws require either fenders, splash guards or mud flaps. A motor vehicle or trailer must have a part of its body, a fender or a mudguard that covers the width of each tire. Mudguard or Fender must extend downwards at the rear of each axle or axle group to at least the centre line of the axle, or be a distance away from the ground equivalent to at least 1/3 of the horizontal distance from the bottom edge of the wheel.
IMG_4069.JPG

Reactions: H3Coyote and Road

dblack

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sherwood Park, AB
Member #

Heh heh. I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I’ve heard of enforcement in only a few instances. One was this guy:

I suspect the cops had tagged him as a favourite. Lol

I don’t run mud flaps on my Jeep and haven’t been bugged yet.

H3Coyote

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I just took my daughter to look at a Wrangler sport like that..!
I had the TJ as a driver and a YJ as a trail rig, but that was about 5 years ago... I'm a jeep fan for sure..!

Reactions: dblack

94Cruiser

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Suisun City, California
Member #

Heh heh. I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I’ve heard of enforcement in only a few instances. One was this guy:

I suspect the cops had tagged him as a favourite. Lol

I don’t run mud flaps on my Jeep and haven’t been bugged yet.

Re: the green car....
Ground clearance is all that matters...

Yea right... and jail is just a room....

;-)

Sent from my SM-G920T using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: dblack

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
I am just adding some to the rear of my Jeep JK after our trip across Soda Lake on the Mojave Road, that mud is very corrosive and was flinging everywhere including all over our trailer. I was also concerned with taking out someone else's windshield after coming off the trail. AEV makes a nice set that go with their rear bumper so they don't even look that bad. I've got a universal set ordered for the trailer as well and both are removable if needed.