Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

That’s awesome! I’ve been wanting to take a vehicle up the mountain for a long time. How was it? Anything I need to know before I pick a random weekend and sprint up there? Congrats - that’s very cool. (For people who are looking at the elevation and wondering why it’s a big deal, Mt Washington has the worst recorded weather on earth. Sort of cool to take a car there)

m00se_146

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

CT, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Musngi
Member #

That’s awesome! I’ve been wanting to take a vehicle up the mountain for a long time. How was it? Anything I need to know before I pick a random weekend and sprint up there? Congrats - that’s very cool. (For people who are looking at the elevation and wondering why it’s a big deal, Mt Washington has the worst recorded weather on earth. Sort of cool to take a car there)

If you're afraid of heights I dont recommend driving it lol take the guided tour ..The top half (last 3-4 miles) there no trees, no rocks, no curbs, no guard rail, its just straight off the mountain if you go too far over. Which makes it very nerve racking when you're passing cars that are on their way down. Although a very fun and exciting experience non the less, the views the whole way are amazing which make it a little more exciting when you're trying to take in the views at the same time as you're trying to keep you're car literally inches from the edge of a cliff lol. Weather wise it's hard to tell I got lucky and it was 42 degrees and sunny at the summit. But its been reported that conditions can change drastically just at different elevations. Overall just do it. Theres nothing like it.

m00se_146

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

CT, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Musngi
Member #

If you're afraid of heights I dont recommend driving it lol take the guided tour ..The top half (last 3-4 miles) there no trees, no rocks, no curbs, no guard rail, its just straight off the mountain if you go too far over. Which makes it very nerve racking when you're passing cars that are on their way down. Although a very fun and exciting experience non the less, the views the whole way are amazing which make it a little more exciting when you're trying to take in the views at the same time as you're trying to keep you're car literally inches from the edge of a cliff lol. Weather wise it's hard to tell I got lucky and it was 42 degrees and sunny at the summit. But its been reported that conditions can change drastically just at different elevations. Overall just do it. Theres nothing like it.

KarmaSeoul

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Baton Rouge, LA, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
D
Member #

Recommend going. Like moose above mentioned the weather does change. When we went started with a bright sunny day. Turned to overcast at the top, came in very fast. Rained on the way down and was sunny again when we made it to the bottom. We have a Toyota Tacoma, felt it wasn't bad but if you're in something bigger I could see it being a little nerve-racking. There also is a train to the top if you don't want to drive or hike up.