Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
There is precious little NF land in Louisiana as far as good camping and places to explore. I'm not really into mud bogging, so I'm looking at MS to start and then see where it goes from there . Working on a bigger plan for next summer for the GA Traverse and some stuff in the Smokies over a couple of weeks of vacation, but this year I'm going to try and keep it simple and close to home just to get my wife's feet wet (she's never been actually camping). Its been a while for me, too, but I'm ready to get back to nature now that the kids are grown and doing their own thing.

Any recommendations, gpx tracks, POI, camping spots, etc. anyone in the MS area have for the above areas that y'all are willing to share? I'm doing some initial planning for possible weekend camping getaways over the summer (yes, I know its HOT) with the better half and the dog and am looking for ideas for light trail rides. I have a three day weekend every other weekend and would be looking at heading somewhere on a Friday afternoon to camp for the night, then packing up to ride and explore on Saturday. Likely camp again Saturday night in a different area or campground then pack up and ride a bit more on Sunday before heading home.

Its going to be at least another few weeks before I get anything together due to other stuff going on, but I can at least do some planning until then. Thanks in advance!