Moving to the Portland area in August!

• HTML tutorial

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey overlanders...my family of 6 (2 kids and 2 dogs) are moving to the Portland area in late August. Super excited to get away from the hustle of the Bay Area, and crazy prices, and I to more friendlier pastures!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hello and welcome to the great PNW.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

What’s traffic like? We live roughly 18 miles from work and at time, it could take over an hour..

oh nothing like that , im just use to almost no traffic so it just seems worse . but on the plus side you'll be about 45 min from mount hood and 2 hours to the beach

Twisted

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

NW Oregon
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

What’s traffic like? We live roughly 18 miles from work and at time, it could take over an hour..

Traffic times are very relative on what part of town you're trying to get to. I work on the SW side of Portland where it takes many of my coworkers an hour to commute within Portland to their homes. Let's say 10 to 15 miles. I live 37 miles from work and it takes me under an hour in the morning and an hour on average in the evenings. Both ways during rush hour.

Reactions: RainGoat

Jopina7807

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Clackamas, Clackamas County, Oregon, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
O
Member #

Thought I’d give an update here:

Been a week since we moved. Temporarily living in Milwaukie and working across from the Clackamas mall in happy valley: 10 minute commute, love it! Lol.

Are there some quick trails in the area within an hour or so? Have a few hours of free time on Saturday and want to put the Jeep through an easy pounding lol

Reactions: Jedi

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Barlow road , Bennett pass , badger lake , some trail in the browns camp area , wbcdr , no so much overlanding but taking the back way through estacada around Timothy lake then out to hood river is a amazing day drive

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

You will love the Portland area, I miss OR every day great place to live.
My wife & I agree 100%

The area between Mt. St. Helens & Mt. Adams is nice

Also Tillamook State Forest off OR 6

FYI
OR FS Fire Rules for Vehicles
Shovel 8+" blade & 26+" handle
Fire Extinguisher 2.5# or 1g H2O