Contributor III

Salem, OR, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Barry
Member #

Hello everybody,
The wife, the dog and I are moving to Salem, from Phoenix, the middle of August. We can not wait to start heading out to explore Oregon and not melt in 110+ Degree weather.

Kevin

Reactions: Jedi

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Well then, welcome to Overland Bound and soon the PNW. There is no place here that gets as hot and dry as Arizona, so you will most certainly enjoy your time adventuring. @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are the member reps for Western Oregon actually are in Salem, so I am sure they will find a way to hook up with you when you get here. While your getting ready to move, I recommend checking out Rally Point system [link], so you can start planning out the exploration.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Freaks Off Road Adventure

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Salem, OR, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Barry
Member #

Well then, welcome to Overland Bound and soon the PNW. There is no place here that gets as hot and dry as Arizona, so you will most certainly enjoy your time adventuring. @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are the member reps for Western Oregon actually are in Salem, so I am sure they will find a way to hook up with you when you get here. While your getting ready to move, I recommend checking out Rally Point system [link], so you can start planning out the exploration.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.
Thank you for the information. Can't wait to get out adventuring.

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Welcome! Roy and I (Kristin) are your local Member Reps and non-Salem natives ourselves! I am originally from Houston and can guarantee you that you will not mourn the loss of 110* days! We have an awesome group of folks who really enjoy everything outdoors- but each other as well! Look forward to meeting you and your wife (pup too!!) We have another page as well if you search on FB for Overland Bound Willamette Valley and you can learn more about the area and see tons of pictures of your future home state!

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Welcome to the PNW. I grew up in the Salem area. Plenty to explore out there. You will love the summers, but be prepared for long wet winters, not too cold, just lots of wet. That is the hardest part of living on the west side the state in Wa or Or.
Hope to meet out on the trail someday

Reactions: ToddT_503

ToddT_503

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Oregon
First Name
Todd
Last Name
T
Member #

Hey there welcome to Salem I live just south in Jefferson but work in Salem. Great area for adventures to start from. I’m new to this sort of thing but have been backpacking and hiking here for a long time. Let me know if you need any starting ideas.

Reactions: RangerJosh