Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

So, I have a Jeep JKU that is fairly well set up. I'm the type of person who likes to have a place for everything so that when I need it, I can get it quickly without hassle. So now comes the question. I have an AEV rear bumper and tire carrier. I also have a PullPal and HiLift jack. I don't really like the mount that AEV makes to match with their tail gate swing arm because it puts both the jack and pullpal to where they both stick out above the hard top. Something to catch on easily. That being said, it's lower than the gobi rack with my RTT on it...
However, I don't have them on that often. When I have the rack on I have a mount for the HiLift... My problem with that is this... I would prefer to not be top heavy... So, the less weight I put up, the better. Especially when I have that heavy gobi rack on, with a tent on it...
I'm thinking of fabing a mount that would put both on the rear tire, pulled tight horizontally. They would stick out past the end of the tire a bit, But that wouldn't be a problem..

So, I'd like to see other people's solutions to mounting a PulPal and or a HiLift on their Jeeps.

Reactions: Jeepcanaima

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
I mounted my hilift jack on my hood when I had my JK. I got the mounts from Warrior Products. I am looking for pictures but no luck so far sorry.

Sent from my SM-N910P using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Jeepcanaima

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Yeah, I've seen them on hoods before. I'm not a fan of it... It would work... But not for the pull pal.
I'm probably just going with the AEV mount...

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

And here it is all installed. I've got a cable lock that will secure them both to the tailgate...
WP_20170102_15_37_10_Rich.jpg

Jeepcanaima

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Oak Brook IL.
Member #

So, I have a Jeep JKU that is fairly well set up. I'm the type of person who likes to have a place for everything so that when I need it, I can get it quickly without hassle. So now comes the question. I have an AEV rear bumper and tire carrier. I also have a PullPal and HiLift jack. I don't really like the mount that AEV makes to match with their tail gate swing arm because it puts both the jack and pullpal to where they both stick out above the hard top. Something to catch on easily. That being said, it's lower than the gobi rack with my RTT on it...
However, I don't have them on that often. When I have the rack on I have a mount for the HiLift... My problem with that is this... I would prefer to not be top heavy... So, the less weight I put up, the better. Especially when I have that heavy gobi rack on, with a tent on it...
I'm thinking of fabing a mount that would put both on the rear tire, pulled tight horizontally. They would stick out past the end of the tire a bit, But that wouldn't be a problem..

So, I'd like to see other people's solutions to mounting a PulPal and or a HiLift on their Jeeps.
I bought a JKU 2017 planning to Lift /Suspension 2.5 " i also want to buy a HILIFT jack.
my Question to you is: should I buy 48 or 60 Inches jack?

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Glad to see you stayed away from mounting the hi-lift on your hood. Off camber, in mud, hi-lift on hood. I'm not a weakling, but that would be quite a feat for me to get one off of the hood, while slipping and sliding around, without damaging the hood. I think that if anyone had to remove theirs from the hood, while in a precarious situation, they would soon find a different place to mount it..

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Agreed. I've seen that happen before.
So, the hood was never really an option for me.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Hey all, I have a query that I hope someone can assist me with. I have a Hannibal Roof Rack with Hannibal Hi-lift Jack mounting attachment fitted to it. The bolts on my mounting attachments are drilled to allow padlocks (or similar) to lock the Hilift in place. I have seen on the Hi-lift website there are 2 types of locking knobs (Versatile Locking Knob VERS-LK and Hood Mount Locking Knob Hm-LK). I am looking for something similar which will screw onto a M16 thread. I feel these wouldn't be as easy to break into unlike padlocks which can be boltcropped. Can anyone help please?

Last edited:

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Palm Bay, FL, USA
Member #

I have a generic hi-lift mount bolted to my rear bumper. It uses heavy wing nuts, with the bolt drilled for a lock. I use the long shackle lock to break loose the wing nuts. I really like it because its simple, and should I lose a wing nut, I can go to ACE and replace it.