Mountain biking

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Lil Bear

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

I’m in Miami and the market here is absurd. We have a “show off” problem so they buy top end, barely use it and then try to sell as if it’s a car with “Only 1000 miles” lol.
Yep!! I see that a lot! Whats worse are the folks that buy the bikes with the only intention of re-selling it at a higher price!! They replace some pedals with flats and maybe some other small item and think it adds 1k to the bike! LOL!!

Contributor I

Kennesaw, GA, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Hamil
Problem is the bike shortage in stores has people selling the used bikes at a premium. Some people think they’re like Jeeps where they add a few things and can sell over msrp even though it’s used lol. But agreed, used market is the way to go right now as stores aren’t making many deals right now.
I was at the shop (Sixes Pit ask for my boys Buli, Emmett, Dave or Bobby) and one of the other employees was on the phone telling a customer that you can only get Boutique bikes at the moment and there sold before they hit there sites. So you just have to watch like a hawk.

Yes people have been jacking up the price even on used bikes. But there are still some good deals on PB. Just take your time, Contact the seller. DO NOT JUMP INTO ANYTHING! You will regret it.

Contributor I

Kennesaw, GA, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Hamil
Yep!! I see that a lot! Whats worse are the folks that buy the bikes with the only intention of re-selling it at a higher price!! They replace some pedals with flats and maybe some other small item and think it adds 1k to the bike! LOL!!
Miami has lots of people with money to throw around so i see why. When im down there and see Yeti SBs riding around South Beach im like REALLY!! Really???

Reactions: Lil Bear

OverlandRS

Rank III
Adventure

Enthusiast III

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
TJ
Last Name
LoMac
Member #

I wont ride anything I did not design, manufacture, or build myself unless under protest. Right now all I have is the one I got for my mom to ride in early stages of her ALZ. it is a functional machine but all I think about when I ride it are all the design flaws and things it is not suited to do that my own designs are. So I am living the bike life vicariously through the internet now.

dj_mccomas

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

I have a mountain bike but when we go out camping etc gravel biking is about aggressive as I can get my wife into lol. Some recent photos from our visit to pisgah and dupont forest in NC.

Attachments

Reactions: Lil Bear