Mount Washington (New Hampshire) Summer 2018

• HTML tutorial

Taz.beast

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Middletown DE.
Member #

Would love to get back up there!!!! Been twice before did the auto road both times, once in my Mazda pickup and second time in the family mini van. Another cool place up there is call the Lost River, it a bunch of caves!!!!

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Would love to get back up there!!!! Been twice before did the auto road both times, once in my Mazda pickup and second time in the family mini van. Another cool place up there is call the Lost River, it a bunch of caves!!!!
Lost River Gorge is awesome.

Reactions: MrCoffee

tntc

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Peabody
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Cobb
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1-TTC
Service Branch
Navy
Interested! They close the road for 2 days during bike week and been up it twice on my Triumph Tiger. Climbed it twice and have been turned around half way up twice due to weather. Never know what you are going to get up there. Maybe if we had enough members they would close the road for just us...??? Be great to get a whole group shot of all the Rigs from the peak looking down on the parking lot at the top. Heading up that area this weekend for some R and R

MECA

Rank I

Enthusiast I

north conway, nh
Member #

I know the general manager, if we nail down a date I can speak to him about an "event". They sometimes allow a sunset or sunrise run to the summit before or after the road is open to the public, sometimes with on site camping behind locked gates (ie. you can't get in or get out by vehicle). Maybe they'll allow a group in!

tntc

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Peabody
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Cobb
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1-TTC
Service Branch
Navy
I know the general manager, if we nail down a date I can speak to him about an "event". They sometimes allow a sunset or sunrise run to the summit before or after the road is open to the public, sometimes with on site camping behind locked gates (ie. you can't get in or get out by vehicle). Maybe they'll allow a group in!
That would be a fantastic opportunity!! I hope it is in June as I am out of town in early July!

Matt92101

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Temecula ,CA
Member #

I hiked the Franconia Notch Trail, Mt. Lafayette, with a friend back in November 2010. Still the most beautiful hike I have ever been on. Once we broke the tree line, everything was iced/snowed over like a winter wonderland (I don't think you will run into that issue in the summer! Lol). On our way back down from the summit, the sun broke out and the scenery was insane, cameras stopped working at that point though... here are a few pics on our way up to the summit.

We planned on doing Mt Washington the next day, but a snowstorm came through the night before and the trail was closed. I plan on making it back at some point to do it though! Good luck on your trip!
Got caught in summer snowstorm there in the 80’s. Never underestimate the weather there!

Reactions: Daniel Etter