Mount Washington (New Hampshire) Summer 2018

• HTML tutorial

Chris W

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Simsbury, CT
Member #

I'm looking to plan a trip to Mount Washington for next summer and wanted to see who else was interested. looking to be up there for 3 or 4 days in June or July. Planning on doing the auto road and some trails one day, hiking the summit another and then doing some exploring the other days.

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

I hiked the Franconia Notch Trail, Mt. Lafayette, with a friend back in November 2010. Still the most beautiful hike I have ever been on. Once we broke the tree line, everything was iced/snowed over like a winter wonderland (I don't think you will run into that issue in the summer! Lol). On our way back down from the summit, the sun broke out and the scenery was insane, cameras stopped working at that point though... here are a few pics on our way up to the summit.

We planned on doing Mt Washington the next day, but a snowstorm came through the night before and the trail was closed. I plan on making it back at some point to do it though! Good luck on your trip!

Last edited:

Chris W

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Simsbury, CT
Member #

His post states Mount Washington (New Hampshire). Never been there but seen some videos of the place. Always windy. I would love to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had edited the post after he asked so people would see it without having to open the thread.

It's an amazing place. A visit isn't complete without riding the cog railway.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk