Enthusiast III

Aransas Pass, Texas
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Burton
Member #

sabjku
Sorry for the delay, I've been in the Villa Vidal-northern New Mexico for the last week (No service). Came out last Friday and broke a spindle on one side of the axle, after repairing the side I inspected the other side and it also has a large crack. Been working with Morris (great Guy) at the factory-I will be there by the end of the month on my way to Rhode Island. Other than that excitement-things have been great on this trip. Spent the last two months in Wyoming, Colorado and northern New Mexico. After getting back from the Rhode Island trip I'm going to try to meet up with Daniel on the South Padre Island member rally--been there many times but always great to meet other Overland Bound members-
Thanks for keeping me in the loop-really appreciate it
Bob

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Bob, sounds like a great trip, despite the axle issue. I'm sure Morris is being totally accommodating with trying to get you taken care of. He's such a good guy. Let me know if you pass through the DC area!

Bob (Fishingbob)

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Aransas Pass, Texas
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Burton
Member #

Morris sent out the New axle no charge no freight-received it within four days-not bad at all. Now installed and everything is back to normal. In fact I drove to Aransas Pass (home) spent two days handling a few things, drove to Alabama visited with Jeremy at the Morris Mule shop (Morris was out) dropped off the damaged axle and now I'm on my way to Rhode Island for a month.
Can't say enough about the guys at the shop-good people to work with. He has a good crew working on the trailer. I did find out a few changes they have made to the trailer-and also the fact they can custom match colors so the vehicle and trailer match-I don't think that was available when I ordered mine. I will be back at the shop when I come back from Rhode Island heading back to Aransas Pass--Hopefully I can spend some time with Morris.
Bob

Reactions: QCrunner and sabjku

QCrunner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Morris sent out the New axle no charge no freight-received it within four days-not bad at all. Now installed and everything is back to normal. In fact I drove to Aransas Pass (home) spent two days handling a few things, drove to Alabama visited with Jeremy at the Morris Mule shop (Morris was out) dropped off the damaged axle and now I'm on my way to Rhode Island for a month.
Can't say enough about the guys at the shop-good people to work with. He has a good crew working on the trailer. I did find out a few changes they have made to the trailer-and also the fact they can custom match colors so the vehicle and trailer match-I don't think that was available when I ordered mine. I will be back at the shop when I come back from Rhode Island heading back to Aransas Pass--Hopefully I can spend some time with Morris.
Bob
Great to hear, we are loving ours so far. I'm not surprised at all at the level of service. I met Jeremy and Morris, both stand up guys.

Reactions: GHQ1 and sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Bob
Morris definitely stands behind what he builds, that's for sure. And I wish they were doing the color matching when I bought mine! I tried to find powder that matched my Rhino JKU, but none of the Powder suppliers had anything that was really close enough, so went black!

Any other changes they're making? I haven't spoken to Morris in awhile. Happy adventures Bob!

Bob (Fishingbob)

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Aransas Pass, Texas
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Burton
Member #

Hi Steve
I didn't get a chance to meet with Morris on the way to Rhode Island, but I talked with Jeremy. One change that they have made to the bed is adding an all weather sealant between the meetings of the sides and bottom, basically sealing the box completely, much improved weather sealing -Morris should add this feature to their website to pass the information on. I completely applied "Monstaliner" to the interior of mine basically sealing the interior off from the elements-worked great. I will be at the plant again at the end of the month on the way back to Aransas Pass, TX, will be meeting with Morris. Talking with Jeremy, he mentioned the color matching of the trailer to the vehicle. He also mentioned if the customer is adding larger tires (like the 35's you added to the trailer) they change the fenders to a larger size, also adding two additional mounting points for support. I think he also mentioned additional modifications to the width of the upper rack area-to accommodate larger size tent footprint bases.

With the increased interests in "overlanding" utilizing the "Morris Mule Trailers"- the availability of possible modifications to the trailer, if the information was known, would increase the demand for the trailers.

I purchased a "Snomaster" frig/freezer classic 56L, will be adding this to the Jeep this winter. I will also be wiring the Morris Mule trailer to accommodate fold-able solar panels etc. Still working out the details.

Really enjoy the information others have posted to OB forums - Great information on projects in the work!!!

Bob

Reactions: sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Hi Steve
I didn't get a chance to meet with Morris on the way to Rhode Island, but I talked with Jeremy. One change that they have made to the bed is adding an all weather sealant between the meetings of the sides and bottom, basically sealing the box completely, much improved weather sealing -Morris should add this feature to their website to pass the information on. I completely applied "Monstaliner" to the interior of mine basically sealing the interior off from the elements-worked great. I will be at the plant again at the end of the month on the way back to Aransas Pass, TX, will be meeting with Morris. Talking with Jeremy, he mentioned the color matching of the trailer to the vehicle. He also mentioned if the customer is adding larger tires (like the 35's you added to the trailer) they change the fenders to a larger size, also adding two additional mounting points for support. I think he also mentioned additional modifications to the width of the upper rack area-to accommodate larger size tent footprint bases.

With the increased interests in "overlanding" utilizing the "Morris Mule Trailers"- the availability of possible modifications to the trailer, if the information was known, would increase the demand for the trailers.

I purchased a "Snomaster" frig/freezer classic 56L, will be adding this to the Jeep this winter. I will also be wiring the Morris Mule trailer to accommodate fold-able solar panels etc. Still working out the details.

Really enjoy the information others have posted to OB forums - Great information on projects in the work!!!

Bob
Hi Bob,

Sounds like Morris and Jeremy have made a couple of nice changes. I actually had Morris completely bed line the interior of mine as well, just for durability. The fender and rack mods sound interesting. My upper rack arms actually slide and adjust - do yours??

And I agree. The Morris Mule trailers are one heck of a bargain, if you ask me. I hope I've sold a few trailers for Morris with everyone that I tell!:smile: I'm curious to see how many other MM's will be at Overland East. Will you be there?

You'll love the fridge/freezer setup! I keep mine in my Jeep full time. It's even handy when running to the grocery store and you need some place to keep cold items while running other errands.

Happy trails!

Bob (Fishingbob)

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Aransas Pass, Texas
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Burton
Member #

Steve

My upper arms do not slide-they are fixed. I will get with Morris when I get there in two weeks or so. The only time it poses a problem is when I'm attaching the awning, getting the zipper started I have less than 1/2"-pretty tight.

I will check the date on the Overland East-if I can make it I will for sure.

Can't wait to get started setting the fridge/freezer up. Still working on what I need as far as controls, monitors, batteries etc.

Bob

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Absolutely I'm planning to attend with trailer in tow. Looking forward to it, and hope I can check out yours and Bob's trailers if you all make it out. Bob has done some amazing mods to his.
Awesome! Yea it’ll be nice to check out everyone else’s setups!

blendorbot

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Woodstock, GA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Pitts
Member #

I just recently got a Morris Mule from Arrowtail trailers in Wyoming. Great people. Drove from Wyoming, South Dakota and down to Georgia with it. Very happy with it so far. And then used it yesterday to get 20 bales of pine straw! So much more than just a camping trailer to me. Excited to get out there with it some more. Another short trip coming up in a few weeks.

20180925_115707.jpg

QCrunner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Charlotte, NC
Member #

QCrunner, will you be at Overland East?
Update, so we're definitely planning to attend expo east and arriving Thursday evening but camping nearby offsite, not at Reeb Ranch. Would be great to link up and check out trailer builds. Anyone else besides @sabjku and I attending and interested in meeting up?

Reactions: sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Update, so we're definitely planning to attend expo east and arriving Thursday evening but camping nearby offsite, not at Reeb Ranch. Would be great to link up and check out trailer builds. Anyone else besides @sabjku and I attending and interested in meeting up?
Great to hear! I'll be getting in sometime Thursday as well, probably late afternoon. I'll PM you my cell so we can get in touch at Expo.