Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

WP_20151026_21_31_17_Pro.jpg WP_20151026_21_31_44_Pro.jpg Hello folks,

This year we will be back to Morocco. And hopefully we will be a bit more Lucky as we were the last time.
So no breaking down please. Cross your fingers for that.

At this moment, slowly but surely all preparations are starting up.
The biggest one will be our new Base Camp Trailer. And yes, it is not only build for our trip to Morocco, but it will make a big difference.
First of all, the first time we went to Morocco, we traveled with the Vanagon. And this time we will have the Frontera plus the trailer.
One of the advantages of the trailer will be that during the trip to and from Morocco I wont need that much time to set up camp just for the night. This means that I can take more breaks during the trip and in the end still needed the same time to reach Morocco.
The other advantage will be that we wont have a car fully loaded, so we will have plenty of room and that makes it way more comfortable.
The downside is that it will slow us down, but driving fast (more as 100km/h) isnt good, so that wont be a problem I guess. But in the mountains it will be going much slower as without a trailer.
Therefor before we are going to Morocco we will test the trailer and the Frontera so we know what to expect when we are on the road.
I ordered already a new map and with the one we already have, it should be good enough. As we will use a newer version of the TTQV-4 naviagationsoftware, I think we will use that mostly. Just the bigger picture could be a problem with that. Unfortunally our Mappoint doesnt work in Africa. Which is a shame.

The other part of the preparations is timing. Friends of ours, who are Moroccans, will go just before we are going, and we are planning to have a few days together with eachother. Especially as they will help us out with the mission we have there.

And the mission is;
During our 2015 trip there we stranded and were helped ever so sweat and great by a lady called Malika.
So, we told our story and that we would like to buy her a new tent, a Berber tent.
And this tent we will bring to her this year.
That is our mission.

So, at this moment Iam planning to go on the road to Morocco on the 4th of september. And as far as I planned it, I will do this on my own.
I will be there on the Friday to pick Frederique up at Tanger Airport.
From there we will go to Fez or better said nearby Fez as we are invited to visit our friends family. We stay there for a day or two and then head to Imilchil. This part of the journey we will do with our friends. And probarly also to the south. Untill we reach Merzouga. From there we will head west to Zagora and they will part to have a round trip back to Fez.

We arent sure about the trip to Zagora, which means, if we will join a convoy or hire a guide to come with us there. This is still a thing to consider.

From Zagora we will head up to Marrakesh and then we will see how we head back home. At the end of the trip in Morocco I will put Frederique back on the plane from Tanger and then I will drive in an easy pase back to the Netherlands. So I in person could be on the road for around 6 weeks. As I definitly will enjoy the trips through Spain.

For this moment this is it.
More to come.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I'm looking forward to taking another virtual trip to Morocco with you, Robert! And fingers crossed for fewer problems this time around.

Reactions: Robert OB 33/48