Launch Member

Pathfinder II

North Las Vegas, Nevada
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Monson
Member #

I figured I should try and contribute for any LV Overlanders who are new to the area and looking for a fun overnight or afternoon trail. Mormon Well Road goes from Highway 95 across the mountain range to Highway 93. We typically start on the 95 side @ Corncreek Dunes(36.43765, -115.35844) and end on the 93 @ Sawmill Road(36.76754, -114.94125). The route I recorded shows 30.96 miles. Id suggest a 4-wheel drive and it seems like you don't need any special mods for your rig - stock 4x4 would be fine. This of course all depends on if the road gets washed out, but it is a pretty laid back route. There are a couple cool places to stop and hike around like peek a boo canyon. It has a small cavern you can walk into and then look through a hole to the outside. Fun to do and nice walk to stretch your legs. There is a pretty nicely made up camp spot half way up the trail(36.62443, - 115.11178). There is no running water so make sure to bring your own. Overall a nice place to get into the mountains for a quick local trip.

Reactions: The Lone Overlander

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Hoping to get a crew from Las Vegas to do the Mohave Rd trail.
Who is in?
What time frame you looking at?
Duration? 2 day or full 3 day?

There is a max of 6 vehicles (14 people) or you need a special use permit...So I seen 2 groups of 6 go before.......

I am very interested in going

Jim

Reactions: The Lone Overlander

The Lone Overlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Willie
Last Name
Suarez
Member #

What time frame you looking at?
Duration? 2 day or full 3 day?

There is a max of 6 vehicles (14 people) or you need a special use permit...So I seen 2 groups of 6 go before.......

I am very interested in going

Jim
I can go 2 or 3 days. So far I was planning on going alone with my 11 years old son.
Hoping to find at least 2 more vehicles just in case.