TrailMasonCliff

Rank II

Enthusiast II

KS
First Name
Cliff
Last Name
Jones
Has anyone used a Moon shade awning? MoonShade • The portable vehicle awning that goes almost anywhere

Most of my trips are weekenders with setting up a base camp and then Mountain Biking from camp or driving to trailheads ride and return to camp. So with that I want something not
vehicle dependent. I have used the ez-up type and am currently using a tarp and poles. The ez-up is heavy bulky and a pain to setup if i'm solo but can be done. The tarp is wonderful when there are trees but kind of sucks when there are not. When there are no trees I have attached one side to my gazelle T4 and then use 2 poles and guy lines but i don't exactly like this solution as i feel it pulls a bit more on the gazelle then I would like.

I like the versatility of the Moon shade and the overall material quality but really don't like the price. MoonShade • The portable vehicle awning that goes almost anywhere I have also seen the KingCamp COMPASS Oversize Outdoor Car Canopy Tent KT3086 but not so impressed with the material quality.

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

Following to see if anyone else has any input.

I agree on the price. I'd rather take the risk on the King for the cost alone. So I'm interested to see if anyone has notes from their use.