Montrose, CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Lanford
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ki6clm
JD here, looking for some wheeling camping adventures. I work rotational in Prudhoe Bay Alaska 3 weeks on 3 weeks off. When I am home, time to play.

2014 AEV jku
Ki6clm
WRVD751

Attachments

Reactions: zgfiredude

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
If you're asking for adventures near Montrose, you're in one of the best places in the country.

There are no shortage of high mountain trails to the south of you and you also have quick access to the rimrocker trail which takes you over to Moab.

John Lanford

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Montrose, CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Lanford
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ki6clm
If you're asking for adventures near Montrose, you're in one of the best places in the country.

There are no shortage of high mountain trails to the south of you and you also have quick access to the rimrocker trail which takes you over to Moab.
You are right about that. That is the main reason I moved there. I have been all over in this area wheeling fly fishing and camping. I'm just looking for friends to enjoy it with. My wife and I don't always like going alone.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

You are right about that. That is the main reason I moved there. I have been all over in this area wheeling fly fishing and camping. I'm just looking for friends to enjoy it with. My wife and I don't always like going alone.
My wife and I have given serious consideration to moving there, but the RE market discouraged us.

Consider creating a rally point some time in advance and you'll probably get some participation.

John Lanford

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Montrose, CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Lanford
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ki6clm

My wife and I have given serious consideration to moving there, but the RE market discouraged us.

Consider creating a rally point some time in advance and you'll probably get some participation.
We love it there. We got in a few years ago before the prices went crazy.
That is a good idea. I will try a rally point. I haven't tried that yet.
Thanks

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Hey John, I am pretty close, up by Rifle. Reach out and we'll try and meet up!