Mac
Last Name
Raslan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TLH or GMRS WRBM678
Service Branch
Sweet District II
If you ever do something as far up north as Monterey, I'd definitely try to join.

-mac

GoldenStateAdv

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lompoc, Ca
Member #

Lets not all talk at once about this :tearsofjoy:

How is the third Saturday of every month. Location to be rotated around San Luis Obispo & Santa Barbara county.

Reactions: SLO Rob

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Lets not all talk at once about this :tearsofjoy:

How is the third Saturday of every month. Location to be rotated around San Luis Obispo & Santa Barbara county.
You may also want to start a group convo. Easy to pull names off of a map and they'll get notice of the conversation.

Reactions: SLO Rob

PabstBlueSwayze

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Glendale, CA 91202
Member #

Heading up to SLO this weekend - anyone have any camp site or trail recommendations between Lopez Lake and Pozo area?

Considering just taking Garcia Ridge road around and see what me and my buddy find

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

There's not much for wheeling in the area you're talking about other than Garcia ridge. If you are willing to drive a little there's rock front ranch ohv area off of hwy 166. It's about 45 min from Lopez lake. There's several miles of trails, mostly easy with a few fun spots. There's a couple of primitive campsites and there's a rock climbing spot nearby. It is A zone deer season now so the campsites might be full. You also could check out the carrizzo plain. No real trails, only Dirt roads but some cool stuff to see. There's Indian rock paintings in a cool rock formation and a nice visitor center. There's Two campgrounds, but I like the dispersed camping off of caliente rd. passed the camp ground. Great views of soda lake and the hills on top of caliente with tons of great spots to set up camp there's also a hiking trail up there. You can leave Lopez lake for Garcia ridge and continue passed the Garcia trailhead on hi mtn rd to the pozo saloon. Get a pozo martini and tri tip nachos there, then head to hwy 58 to get to carrizo. The weather should be in the 80s this weekend but check, it can get hot there. I'd go to carrizo myself if you haven't been there.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

PabstBlueSwayze

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Glendale, CA 91202
Member #

There's not much for wheeling in the area you're talking about other than Garcia ridge. If you are willing to drive a little there's rock front ranch ohv area off of hwy 166. It's about 45 min from Lopez lake. There's several miles of trails, mostly easy with a few fun spots. There's a couple of primitive campsites and there's a rock climbing spot nearby. It is A zone deer season now so the campsites might be full. You also could check out the carrizzo plain. No real trails, only Dirt roads but some cool stuff to see. There's Indian rock paintings in a cool rock formation and a nice visitor center. There's Two campgrounds, but I like the dispersed camping off of caliente rd. passed the camp ground. Great views of soda lake and the hills on top of caliente with tons of great spots to set up camp there's also a hiking trail up there. You can leave Lopez lake for Garcia ridge and continue passed the Garcia trailhead on hi mtn rd to the pozo saloon. Get a pozo martini and tri tip nachos there, then head to hwy 58 to get to carrizo. The weather should be in the 80s this weekend but check, it can get hot there. I'd go to carrizo myself if you haven't been there.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Thanks for the tips, it certainly is much appreciated! Ill have to give my buddy a call and take a look at your suggestions. Thanks again! Ill be sure to post some photos once I get back

Reactions: 000

PabstBlueSwayze

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Glendale, CA 91202
Member #

Made it out to Pozo Summit past Santa Margarita Lake this past weekend on an impromptu trip after stocking up on some new gear and finally got to break in my ZR2 with a jimmy rigged CB radio along with my buddy and his Jeep.

We had originally planned taking Garcia Ridge up and over but were greeted by a locked metal gate at the start of the trail. So we switched gears, drove back into SLO for some Gus's then headed up and over the grade towards Santa Margarita Lake.

Drove past Pozo Saloon but it was closed unfortunately but Pozo Summit was a perfect escape and it was still fun to get to test the baby Duramax on dirt. Even got the campground all to ourselves along with some Firestone tri-tip for lunch on Sunday, not too shabby for a SLO weekend!

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

Hey there, I,m new here and thinking central cal is the forum I should be in. Any thoughts? I'm in Porterville.

Verent Chan

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lehi, UT
Member #

I'm in Atascadero as well and would love to meet up with some of you. I used to be a member of SLO 4-wheelers but I don't really want to go rock-crawling anymore, just get to some remote areas and have a nice getaway.